Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meggybby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 06:23 PM
    Lexmark printer won't print
    Ok I have used my printer many times before now I went to print something and when I did it never popped up in progress or printed when you look in the printer tasks it says its in progress but it still hasn't printed?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jul 9, 2008, 07:20 PM
    Usual stuff:
    • Ink
    • Paper
    • Power On
    • Cable Connected
    • Jam
    • Error Lights
    • Print Queue not Paused

Clear all jobs from queue and try printing a test page from the printer's property dialog.
    meggybby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 07:54 PM
    OK I tried it but when I went in to delete them one say deleting and won't go away and we sent the test page and it said sending but it didn't do any thing!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2008, 09:57 PM
    From the cmd prompt type

Net stop spooler

<wait a few minutes>

Net start spooler
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 11, 2008, 08:26 AM
    Based on your description, I suspect the printer, not the computer. Sounds like your print jobs are going into the queue properly. The printer just isn't seeing them.

The printer/cable is the culprit. Go over that list above, it's there somewhere.
    DaBaAd Posts: 271, Reputation: 36

Jul 11, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Local printer or network printer?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jul 11, 2008, 11:55 AM
    I'm going to have this question moved over to the Computer > Hardware > Printer forum.

Can we start by knowing what printer we are talking about and how it is connected to the PC.

Next, I would like you to disconnect the print cable from the printer, power the printer and then use the printer's demo pages to test the printer.

Please either print the "Menu Settings" page or the "Demo" page. Let me kow if either page prints out.

Then please get back to me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lexmark Printer won't Print [ 13 Answers ]

So I installed a lexmark printer and when I send something to be printed, the printer starts, does what it should (?) which to me is printing, and then a blank page comes out. There is nothing at all on it, not even a dirty mark! When I try to print a test page it tells me it is printnig, paper...

My Lexmark 1290 Printer doesn't print properly. [ 1 Answers ]

-There's plenty of ink in each cartridge. -I've tried shaking each cartridge. It prints black-and-white and color documents in faint red lines that is too hard to see. Nothing was amiss, it just started like this all of a sudden

My printer won't print [ 6 Answers ]

I have a lexmarkx1185 and my printer will not print out anything not even the test page and when I won't it to print it says printing started and nothing but a blank page will come out so please help me out I'm trying to print out a prom dress cause my prom is going to be here soon.. someone

Printer won't print [ 3 Answers ]

I have tried to download my lexmark printer and it took it and when I go to control panel and look in their the printer says ready to use but when I try to print a page a small screen pops up and reads unable to print disconnect usb or disconnect power or restart computter and after all that it...

View more questions Search