Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skotty1234 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 03:13 PM
    Unable to make my vaio laptop work when I change to xp
    I have a question at changing vista to xp, I change my vaio from vista to xp when I put the install recovery cd in it said something like can't find some type the file ? Can someone tell me if I can fix that problem ? Or I have to change back xp ?
    DesElms Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Jul 9, 2008, 03:20 PM
    If Sony doesn't have a prescribed pathway to downgrading from Vista to XP for your particular device, don't try it! Devices manufactured after pretty much all the vendors started standardizing on Vista often have no XP-compatible drivers made for them. And, of course, without the proper drivers, XP won't properly run on the device.

Trust me when I tell you: Stick with Vista. Vista sucks, I realize. But it's getting better... especially with SP1 that came out a little while back. There's a learning curve, of course, if you're an XP user... but it's not as steep as you might think.

The biggest problem with Vista is that it hounds you to death with confirmations and other such things. But these are all easily stoppable... either through advanced settings or registry tweaks... either of which can be easily found on the Internet. They're everywhere.

Once you get Vista so that it stops nagging you, and assuming that your machine is fast enough, with a good enough video card, and has enough RAM in it; Vista's actually kinda' okay. Really. I've been on it exclusively, now, since last October. I still have XP machines nearby, but I've come to seriously like Vista, now... at least as I've tweaked it.

Stay with Vista... especially on notebooks, which are so proprietary and difficult to find drivers for. Just stay with Vista. You won't regret it... eventually.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connect Vaio laptop to sharp HDTV [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Vaio laptop (I think the model is PCG-7T1L(that is what it says on the bottom) but it also says VGN-N130G near the screen) and I am trying to use my Sharp HDTV as a second monitor, to watch movies. I have the right cord (VGA to component video, the blue,red and green plug ins to the...

Live TV on VAIO Laptop (via Media Center) [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all! So, I bought myself a new laptop on the weekend, this one to be precise! :D I'm wanting to plug my digital freeview box into it and watch TV through Media Center, but I can't get it to work! Boooo! I plugged the co-ax from the wall socket straight to my laptop TV card just to...

Sony vaio laptop keyboard [ 1 Answers ]

The lap top is 3 years old and the keyboard does not work. In "WORD" the letter "V" continuously runs on and on. The computer tries to open files beginning with the letter "V" like, Vaio Recovery, and any program beginning with the letter "V". You can still use the mouse pad only. My question,...

Unable to make our own choices, [ 2 Answers ]

My dear fellow friends,I say that it is time for us to unite under one god,our way of life is at risk our freedoms are being taken away from us while our nation's people look on without response,our people deserve the loss of freedoms and to be enslaved to those that have risen to the top with...

View more questions Search