Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JotaPorras Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 02:59 PM
    Cannot access hard drive after installing anti virus
    I installed avast anti virus 4.8 yesterday. After I installed it I have been unable to acces my C Drive normally. When I click in the hard drive icon, the system asks me for a program to open the C:/ File. This never happened to me and I don't know what to do
    DesElms Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Jul 9, 2008, 03:42 PM
    If you de-install Avast, does the problem persist?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2008, 03:44 PM
    Get rid of Avast, download the free version of Antvir by Avria.com.

I've used it for over 7 months now, and have never had any problems with it.
    JotaPorras Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 06:11 PM
    Yes I already uninstalled it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cannot access part of my hard drive [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone. A month ago my computer got the blue scree of death. Anyway, I turned it off but it would turn on again. I tried to fix it, but ended up just making a mess. So, to the point, I pulled out my hard drive and connected it to an internal to external drive housing and plugged it in to...

Couldn't access external Hard drive [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! I have an external hard drive that for some reason stop working I couldn't access my files,when I check the properties it say 0 used space and 0 free space now whenever I try to open the drive it say FORMAT disk. I this there any other way to access may hard drive or any other way to...

Can no longer access hard drive [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, experts! My Athlon XP 2200 computer with XP home developed a series of faults which ultimately led to it's freezing. While attempting to waken it I must have inadvertently started some unknown process as a brief message was shown on the screen saying something like "to continue will render...

How to access second hard drive [ 1 Answers ]

I hate to think I'm dense but I don't know how to access the answered questions, for that matter I don't know how to introduce myself either. (can I really be that dense?) I have two hard drives installed. My Computer shows it as drives C & F (I also have two CD/DVD and floppy installed. At one...

Cannot access my 2nd hard drive! [ 1 Answers ]

I was online when my computer froze up and I had to shut it down. Ever since I cannot access my additional hard drive. It appears in "My Computer" but when I try to open it I get the following error: "D:\ is not accessible. A device attached to the system is not functioning." Under the...

View more questions Search