Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kerry1113 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2006, 02:41 PM
    Likert scales and statistics
    Hello,
    I have done a survey that is trying to find the opinions about various aspects of HR and how these opinions differ in the public and private sector. The survey I have used involves a Likert scale. Any recommendations as to what sort of statistical analysis I should try?
    Thanks
    joseph2000 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2006, 02:00 AM
    You can do a chi square stat to test the difference in perceptions. You can also add all the scores and used t-test for the difference in means
    kerry1113 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2006, 01:35 PM
    I have done a survey using a Likert scale and have tried to do a Mann whitney test for the following statement. “I consider the reputation of an organisation before deciding whether I want to work for them.” Both private and public sector employees were asked. The results I have calculated are

Sample a ( private sector) mean rank is 24.1
    Sample b (public sector) mean rank is 22.4
    Z=0.4
    P1=0.3446
    P2=0.6892

Z value of 0.4 means the chance probability Q is 0.344578 or about 1 in 3

What does this actually tell me though?

Many thanks
    Kerry

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statistics help [ 1 Answers ]

I have a study where I'm now focusing on 4 students. I'm trying to find the best way to interpret my data. If I calcuate the mean using their individual scores on the test (0,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,4,4,4,4,6) I get a mean of 2.05 and a standard deviation of 1.73. I think this gives the...

Statistics [ 2 Answers ]

Chicken Delight claims that 90% of its orders are delivered within 10 minutes of the time the order is placed. A sample of 100 orders revealed that 82 were delivered within the promised time. At the 0.10 significance level, can we conclude that less than 90% of the orders are delivered in less...

Statistics [ 1 Answers ]

Having a problem with a question in stat class. Here it goes: a lab reports the mean of three(3) weighings. The mean is 123mg and the standard deviation is 0.08mg? What is the distribution of this mean? And what is the probability that the lab reports a weight of 124mg or higher? Any help would be...

View more questions Search