Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kittycatMandy Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 02:43 PM
    Ending Elementary School
    My child is ending elementary school, and is going into middle school. How can I help my child be organized,make friends, and mostly get good grades in middle school? :confused:
    Lawngnomez Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 02:59 PM
    To keep your kid organized, you can make sure s/he has a place to keep all of their school-related things. For good grades,make sure he or she knows that they can ask for help. Sadly, there is not much you can do to help children make friends at school.
    Sonador101 Posts: 298, Reputation: 14

Jul 9, 2008, 03:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawngnomez
    To keep your kid organized, you can make sure s/he has a place to keep all of their school-related things. For good grades,make sure he or she knows that they can ask for help. Sadly, there is not much you can do to help children make friends at school.
    Always incourage her, tell she will do fine. This will give her a positive attitude towards the whole thing, and make sure to tell her all the other kids wll be going through the same thing. But sh'll have to make friends on her own and there isn't much you cand o about it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 9, 2008, 05:20 PM
    And follow up with teachers, if your school keeps class assignments online ( some do) follow up with what they are doing, look over what they are studying. If you see the child having trouble in any subjects get them help before they get too far behind. Helping with friends, that sort of happens on its own
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2008, 07:23 AM
    The school will provide some sort of planner for assignments to be written in or, as Fr_Chuck mentioned, possibly having them available online. Many teachers have their own websites where they will provide an outline of the class schedule so you can see when assignments are due, when tests are coming up, and so forth. Maybe mark them on a calendar in the home for easier tracking. Teachers often will provide homework help as well online.
    If your child has had difficulty with keeping organized in the past, talk about ways to do so before school starts. Set up a work area, have a set time for doing school work, provide supervision, help with studying for tests, etc.. Middle school is quite a change from elementary, so be sure to stay involved and on top of things from the start. As the pace becomes routine, your child will be well on their way to keeping or improving good study habits and being better organized.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Elementary school graduation speech [ 1 Answers ]

Do you have an Elementary School graduation speech?

Requirements for Elementary school? [ 8 Answers ]

I am unsure of if I should put my son through preschool before entering kindergarten next year. He is very well socialized so that is not a problem. What is or at least should be required for him to know before starting kindergarten?? :confused:

Elementary School Graduation speech [ 5 Answers ]

Do you have a elementary school graduation speech

Elementary School Convocations [ 1 Answers ]

I am responsible for scheduling convocations for our 3rd through 5th grade Elementary School. Does anybody know of any programs or convocations that they would recommend? I specifically am looking for convos that pertain to physical education, art or music. Has anybody seen any neat programs that...

My elementary school sweetheart [ 7 Answers ]

Ok, So my elementary school sweetheart pops back into my life about every 5 years. When we were kids we had a crush on each other but we did the usual kid things, he picked on me and I was mean in return. Both of our mothers are close friends so over the years of us not seeing each other and dating...

View more questions Search