Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    momo2003 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 02:32 PM
    How to Claim Social Security taxes & medicare taxes
    Hello,

I worked on my CPT and OPT from July 2006 to June 2008 and paid Social Security taxes & medicare taxes, how can I claim them back?

Thank you.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Jul 9, 2008, 08:35 PM
    You must file Form 843.
    Read: Your U.S. Tax Return: Social Security and Medicare (FICA) Taxes for Non-resident Exempt Individual

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Social Security and Medicare taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I am on a J-1 visa for 3 years. My employer has withheld my social security and medicare in error for the past two years. They are continuing to withhold in my third year. How can I get them to stop withholding? They have refused to give me back my money for the first two years and I have filed...

Social Security And Medicare Taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I am a self -Employed. I was about to file my Income Taxes when I noticed on my 2007 W-2 Wage and Tax Statement that nothing was deducted from my 2007 paycheck for Social Security and Medicare Taxes. I'd soon found out that I was put on SS & Medicare "EXEMPT" by mistake when we set up our Payroll...

H1-B Social Security and Medicare Taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have been working with a company in South Carolina since Nov, 2006 and started on a student work permit visa (F1-OPT). I then had my visa transferred to a H1-B starting on Oct 1, 2007. But my employer was not aware that social security and medicare taxes were to be deducted from...

Social security and Medicare taxes. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All... Until 2006 Dec I was a Full time student and my employer deducted social security and medicare taxes while I was working as an intern. Is there any way that I can get back that tax amount? Thanks Mahi vanka.

Social security and medicare taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am on H1B. My payroll dept forgot to deduct my social and medicare taxes from my paycheck AND it continued to deduct taxes as per F1. So do I need to pay my medicare and social now with 2005 tax returns? If yes How should I pay those taxes, which forms should I use? Thanks

View more questions Search