Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xariam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2006, 01:44 PM
    Gas furnace
    For the past 2 nights my furnace has been blowing out cold air. I have a furnace which is equipped with an ignition device which automatically lights the piolet. I did everything from cutting off the gas valve and power to furnace. When I restarted everything back up, the furnace came on but no air was blowing through the vents. I set the thermostat to 90 to see if any heat will blow out, but nothing happen. What do I need to do? what could be the problem with my furnace. It is basically new. Bought the house in 99 and it was new construction.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 28, 2006, 08:16 PM
    Call a qualified contractor. Gas goes BOOM when you play with it and do not know how to work on it. That is my safest and best advice.
    Lees HVACR Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2014, 06:36 PM
    Sounds like the t-stat could be bad try changing your t-stat or jumping it off from the t-stat by connecting the heat, power and fan wire together.

SOUNDS LIKE BAD T-STAT

IF THE FURNACE LIGHTS BUT NO FAN YOUR FAN CAPACITOR COULD BE BAD That's TYPICLE

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas furnace [ 14 Answers ]

Igot a 1972 carrer furnace it catches fire at the spud part of burner I got 11.5 inch watter column preasure on line you can cut it off turn it back on and it burns good blaze looks good I need some comet on air ajustment or what might be causing this I have cleaned the burners , thanks.

Furnace [ 3 Answers ]

I have what looks to be a old steam boiler. Any recommendations? I was told that I needed about 100,000 btu's. I know that I will have to get the system size correctly to be sure. But I wanted to find out if there is any particular brands that are good before I start getting quotes. I personal...

New furnace [ 9 Answers ]

I have got an old furnace I am going to have to replace eventually. I was looking for general advice right now what I should know when finding someone to replace it. I don't want to get into a situation where it will cost me thousands of dollars when I don't need to. I have a gas furnace with hot...

Furnace fan [ 2 Answers ]

I have a forced-air gas furnace w/o AC and a simple dial-type heat-only thermostat.  How do I change my system so that I can manually operate the furnace fan when not calling for heat? Merlyn

View more questions Search