Ask
    kg12857 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 12:52 PM
    Email error
    When trying to access web mail I receive error 405 method not allowed
    DesElms Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Jul 9, 2008, 01:32 PM
    Read this; and this... or just skip to this:

Assuming that your web-based email interface is running on a Windows IIS web server, then the most likely problem is that said server is misconfigured so that the POST method of form usage isn't working.

EDIT: Or, I just remembered... if the web site that's running the web-based email interface is using "cPanel" as its hosting control panel (regardless what flavor of web server on which it's running), then there is a known error in cPanel that screws with the MX record in the DNS zone file (an internal thing that the webmaster of the site hosting the webmail inteface should know about) that can cause 405 errors during the POST process.

Contact whomever owns/runs the web site and describe, in vivid detail, precisely what you were doing in the moments before you got the error; exactly what it was that actually triggered said error; and all the details of what kind of computer, operating system, and web browser you're using.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Error sending email with Vista (windows mail) [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question regarding trying to attachments. Whenever I try to send something or sometimes I try to reply on certain things I have a box that comes up and won't ever let me send anything. Why? This is what the box comes up and says: host XXX could not be found, subject, account, POP3...

Email error response and how to fix it? [ 1 Answers ]

The host 'smtp' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'http', Server: 'smtp', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D I'd like to know how to fix this response?

Email error [ 1 Answers ]

The host 'smtp' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'http', Server: 'smtp', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

Email password error [ 1 Answers ]

When I log on to my email account we have two [email protected] and [email protected] when I go to send and receive margiecosker is OK but it keeps coming up with the box confirm passsword which I confirm and then it just keeps coming back and back and back every time I do it. It has...

View more questions Search