Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eddyjr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 11:54 AM
    How can I get my dog to gain weight ?
    DesElms Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Jul 9, 2008, 12:56 PM
    Not enough information. What kind of dog? How old? Male or female? What's his/her current weight? Why are you concerned? Etc.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2008, 02:21 AM
    Hi, eddyjr!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this topic area so that it would get the most exposure to more people. You have already received a response with some good questions above! Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

Sometimes, it can take a while to learn how to use a site such as this.

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

Thanks!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2008, 06:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyjr

When I first got my dog she was very thin, underweight by the Vet's standards, and she went on a high fat dog food mixed with either ground beef or chopped up chicken. The weight gradually went on her and then I tapered off the ground beef and chicken. She also was and is extremely active and is still on one of those active breeds dog foods.

It's the same as people - some breeds are larger boned than others. With long haired dogs it's hard to tell exactly how big/small they are. I have a large fluffy dog and when she gets wet she shrinks by about 50%!

What does your Vet say about your dog's weight?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How Can I Gain Weight [ 2 Answers ]

How can I gain 10- 20 pounds within the next 2 weeks can someone help me are there any pills or anything I can do to gain weight

How to gain weight? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I am 21 years old boy. I have a height of 5'5 and I weigh about 45kgs. I am underweight and desperately want to increase my weight. Whenever I increase my diet I start gaining weight but as soon as I come back to normal diet schedule, my weight heavily decreases. Professionally I am a...

My dog needs to gain weight [ 5 Answers ]

I am looking for a high calorie, premium, well balanced wet dog food so my 10 month old shephard mix can gain some weight. We adopted her from our local pound and she is also being treated for Valley Fever. The vet recommends that she gains 10 pounds. She is currently 30 Lbs. She has had a total...

Weight Gain [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Was not to sure which category to put this under. Well I am a 33 year old female and I am 5'1 and weight about 95 or 96 lbs. I think I am underweight. But I eat like a pig. I am not picky at all with what I eat. So how would I go about gaining weight? What should I weight? I used to...

View more questions Search