Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sai krishna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 11:14 AM
    What is the process of changing the initial on the passport?
    I want to know that what is the process of changing the initial on my pass port
    DesElms Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Jul 9, 2008, 11:45 AM
    A change of initial amounts to a "name change" as far as the federal government is concerned.

If your name has been legally changed due to marriage or a court order within one year from the date of issuance of passport, then you would simply submit a completed DS-5504, "Application for a U.S. Passport: Name Change, Data Correction, and Limited Passport Book Replacement Form", a certified copy of your marriage certificate or your name change court decree, two recent color photographs (2” by 2”), and your current valid passport to the address listed on the form. There is not, I believe, any fee for this (but the form should tell you).

If your name has changed by other means and/or it has been more than one year from the date of issuance of the passport, then you must submit a DS-82 renewal application and pay all applicable fees.

Photocopies and notarized copies are not acceptable for passport purposes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Process of changing warranty deed [ 6 Answers ]

My house is in the name of my husband and I. My husband just passed away and I was trying to change the warranty deed into my name only. What is the process? Quit claim deed? Executor deed? Do I have to complete a PT61?

View more questions Search