Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mz2richard Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2006, 01:13 PM
    Investing A Lump Sum??
    Hello to you and yours. I am in the process of receiving a low to middle six figure settlement. I am a 30-something, married, and one child. We would like a portion to go directly to a Roth IRA for which we have none, and we want a portion of 25-40 percent to be used as a monthly income for us to offset the disability incurred and to supplement our income. Does anyone have any advice for a sound middle approach? We are currently planning but just want someone else's perspective. Thank you very much in advance for any help you could offer. :eek:
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2006, 04:16 PM
    It is worth the weight in gold to talk to a financial planner.

My wife is receiving $$ from her fathers estate and I KNOW we'd be making some huge mistakes without him. And we're not complete idiots where money is concerned.

really. Talk to someone who can hear your needs and help you plan it out with a sound financial strategy... spending a little money to save a lot is worth it.
    mz2richard Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2006, 05:47 PM
    How about a financial planner within a bank such as Wachovia?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2006, 05:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mz2richard
    How about a financial planner within a bank such as Wachovia?

That sounds like a good idea.

Although I have never heard of the bank Wachovia, but then, odds are you have not heard of Scotia Bank or CIBC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Investing [ 1 Answers ]

which is best to invest in- variable annuities or mutual funds?

Investing [ 2 Answers ]

I need to invest 5,000.00. What type investment will grow fast?

Investing [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find out if old stock certificates are of any value?

Investing [ 5 Answers ]

I want to take the money I have in my 401K plan from where I use to work and place it into something safe until I can find a new Job. Does anyone have any ideas where or who is paying the highest interest rates. Or Which mutual fund should I choose? Thanks, Alicat4790

Investing [ 2 Answers ]

If I invest $5000 in a savings bond, earning 7% interest per year. What is an equation I could write that would express the compound amount of the bond for any given year? What will the compound amount of the bond be in 5years? Thanks

View more questions Search