Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seekinglight49 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 07:31 AM
    Credit card debt advise
    First let me say I am very thankful that there is a site to ask questions, I just found out about this site. I got behind on my one credit card, chase, that got sent to a debt collector and now my debt evidently has been recently sold to a lawyer in Georgia. I have received a couple of phone calls and yesterday I got a letter from them. I live in Florida. My question is can a lawyer in Georgia bring suit against me or take me to court here in Florida? Any advise on how I can settle this debt by paying a portion of it, how I would go about that, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 9, 2008, 07:37 AM
    Yes, they can sue you in FL, they probably have a companion firm to do that.

At this point, if you can pay a lump sum, then offer a settlement of 50% of the balance. If you can't do a lump sum, then offer a reasonable payment schedule.
    TheCleaner Posts: 152, Reputation: 3

Jul 9, 2008, 01:33 PM
    Before you do that or anything else, how long ago you made your last payment on that account?

Carl.-

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is credit card debt open account debt or a written agreement debt? [ 16 Answers ]

I am currently fighting a credit card debt action filed against me by Unifund. The issue is whether credit card debt is open account debt subject to 3 year SOL in the State of Washington or a written agreement debt subject to 6 years. I asked the same question on another forum and received an...

College Loan Debt & Credit Card Debt [ 1 Answers ]

Answer Received

FICO Credit Score: Maintain a 50% debt to credit-limit ratio on _each_ card? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been advised that I should transfer part of a balance of one credit card to another card in order to maintain 50% debt to credit limit ratio on _each_ card even though my _total_ debt to credit limit ratio is already below 50%. (Most of the debt is on one card for convenience.) I could...

Credit Card Debt [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have been contacted by a debt collector regarding an unpaid credit card balance. I accrued this debt while living and working in the US (Michigan). I now live in Vancouver, Canada. I am a dual citizen. I want to dispute the debt. The notice says I have 30 days to respond ("upon...

View more questions Search