Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tony1964 Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Jul 9, 2008, 01:38 AM
    Unable to unstall Norton virus scan asking for password
    Hi Guys, Thank you all for your help recently, I have got another problem, I have install Norton Virus Scan quite a while back I'm trying to upgrade to a newer version of Norton Virus scan but before I can install the new version on Norton the Old one need to unstall. I have try to unstall it but it keep asking me for a password which I haven't got any Idea what it is, is there any software that I can use to un stall it?

Thank you.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jul 9, 2008, 03:09 AM
    Hello Tony

That teaches you always to keep a small booklet with passwords and other important details of your computer safely next to you computer.

As to removing Norton Virus Scan from your computer : without a password that will become rather difficult to do.

I do not know how old your installation of your (Windows) OP is, but if older than a full year it may be better to back-up all data, software, photo's, music, and other personal files. Do not forget bookmarks and email address book. Than follow that up with a "format C:"

I hope that you have your hard drive split into at least two partitions, so that you can reformat your C-drive without any problems and start afresh. That will save you gig's of wasted space due to the unnecessary and often unwanted Windows filing system.

Note : unless you know precisely what you are doing, it is wise to have that done by a computer expert.

Success !

:)

( Contact me if you want more details ! )

:)
    Millerquest Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 03:21 AM
    Hi, did you purchase a Norton Software disk or was the old Norton part of a monthy/annual contract with your Service Provider.
    I had the same problem some while back, but as I had purchased the Norton software as an additional subscription - included with my monthly payment to my service provider, they were able to give me the password needed.
    Hope this helps - You may want to go onto the Norton Help window and either email them your query or see if it is in any FAQs they may have.
    Sorry I couldn't be of any more help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stop virus scan in MS Word 2003 [ 1 Answers ]

I want to stop MS Word from asking for a virus scan when opening documents. This happens even with documents I have created myself and is really time-consuming. I have read the other posted answers and have set MS Word Macro Security settings to low. I have Norton anti-virus software but cannot...

Not understanding AVG Virus Scan results [ 9 Answers ]

I'm scanning a laptop HD that's plugged into my computer here at work as an external. So far (it's not done yet), here is where it's at. As you can see, it says "no threats found yet". ... so what are those two .dll files with "Change" indicated under the "Result/Infection" column? Thanks!

MSword requesting virus scan-?help [ 4 Answers ]

I have a problem with MSword. When I open a doc it takes a while and when I finally get word open there is a note on the bottom bar saying "requesting virus scan". Then it loads the document. I run a fast PC, late version of word, scan for virus with norton (updated weekly). Any thoughts on...

AVG Anti-Virus Scan Question [ 3 Answers ]

I have AVG Anti-Virus free edition. When I run a full system scan manually, the test comes back complete with no virus found and no errors. However, when I schedule a test to run automatically at a specific time, the result always comes back with 13 viruses found. Specifically, various trojan...

Virus scan program [ 5 Answers ]

Can someone help me with a good and free virus scanner? Bye boud

View more questions Search