Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CASCYN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2008, 09:36 PM
    FL Labor laws
    If I show up to work as scheduled and upon arrival they tell me they don't need me are they required to pay me for a minimum amount of scheduled hours
    DesElms Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Jul 8, 2008, 11:49 PM
    The Office of Civil Rights of the Florida Agency for Workforce Innovation can probably answer your question.

SEE: Agency for Workforce Innovation - Office for Civil Rights Home Page

If not, I'm sure that that office can refer you to the office that can.

In California, the answer is yes... four hours, I believe. But, of course, you're asking about Florida. I lived in Tampa for a while, and if memory serves, I think they do have to pay you... but you really need to get that answer from someone authoritative.

You may (and possibly should) also consult with an attorney... one who specializes in labor law. It will obviously be cheaper and easier to contact the office to which I've referred you, above.

EDIT: I should have added that it also depends on what type of employee you are. Contract employees, for example, may or may not be eligible for such payment, depending on how they're contracted. Again, the office to which I referred you, or an attorney, could help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Labor laws on breaks [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a labor law that if an employer gives breaks they must give the same amount of breaks to all employees, or can just pick what they want to do?

Labor laws [ 2 Answers ]

I am thirteen and interested in working, all I want to know is the labor laws and age requirements to be able to work. I am not interested in working during the school year, but during the summer. Thanks. Ps I live in the state of nevda if that helps.

Salary Labor Laws [ 3 Answers ]

Im a maintenance manager Salary employee, I have been with my company 4 1/2 years. Ever since I worked for this company I have been on emergency stand by call 24 hours a day 365 days a week. Even when I am on vacation I answer emergency phone calls. My company cell phone has become a part of my...

Work/labor laws [ 6 Answers ]

Can a company legally work and employee 26 days straight with no time off?:confused:

View more questions Search