Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andrew.kretz Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2006, 06:23 AM
    Looking for Web Cam
    I am looking for a good web cam that when it is on and you are chatting with someone it looks like you are looking through a window.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2006, 06:43 AM
    Are you talking about how the user sees you or how you see another user who is using a webcam?
    andrew.kretz Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2006, 07:18 AM
    I am looking for a web cam for my wife in the states while I am deployed to Iraq. So one that works great for me to see her.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2006, 07:30 AM
    I see. I thought you might have been looking for a software special effect to get the window thing.

Sounds like you don't need anything fancy, so I'd just send her over to a place like BestBuy where she can pick from a bunch of them. The thing to have her look for is how many frames per second and resolution. The cheaper ones will be lower and the more expensive ones higher.

... they've usually got them set up with their computers so she can pick the level of quality that she likes.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2006, 09:36 AM
    Yeah, from the sounds of it - you just need any old webcam. The way it's displayed on the screen comes down to software, not the webcam itself.

Some things to consider:
    • Noise of where you will be - If you will be using this somewhere noisy, it might be a good idea to get a webcam and a headset with microphone. Otherwise an intergrated microphone would pick up a lot of background noise.
    • Resolution - If you are off into the service, don't get anything too high. You don't want to get a high resolution camera just to find out that the internet connection you are on is too slow to send the video off.
    appolloniBAKER Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2006, 10:29 AM
    Hey, very strange to see my ex DrillSGT talking about normal things. I got the EZvideo chat kit from walmart it cam with 2 cams and 2 headsets and software that me and my husband over there both use. You can record video take pics and the cam quality on Yahoo is usually pretty good although it really depends on the internet connection. It does freeze up sometime due to the connection but the videos it takes are great.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search