Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fjsmith81 Posts: 122, Reputation: 11

Jul 8, 2008, 07:37 PM
    Meditation technique
    A few years ago I used to meditate. It was a different type of meditation where I had to envision the earth to clear my mind and then think of each body part as a different color. It was really hard to concentrate and not have thoughts rambling through my head so I stopped. I recently began to meditate again and I found a simple technique where I just breathe for a moment and I repeat the hamsa mantra and I breathe in and out. Every time I do it I get into a sort of trance. It sort of feels like I am hypnotized. I also notice that my ears start popping and my upper body feels kind of heavy. I want to know if that is normal for meditation?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 9, 2008, 06:59 AM
    I don't think your trance state is abnormal. You are probably susceptible to the level you have achieved, surprisingly enough on your own. Normal meditation techniques take a long time to reach that level. I would suggest though that you not meditate like this anywhere else but at home in your own domain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Meditation [ 1 Answers ]

There was a song in the 60's called "The Meditation". It was played on the air in Philly, but taken off because at the end of the song they said "you make me scream" which sounded like "you make me cream". Can someone tell me who sang it? :)

Depression and meditation [ 6 Answers ]

I have not sought doctors advice because generally, the doctors in my area sign everyone off for depression at the flick of a switch. So that wouldn't tell me either way. But I'm pretty sure I'm suffering with depression. My question is: will meditation worsen or help depression?? I have...

Weird meditation [ 2 Answers ]

A friend told me that a way to reduce stress is to meditate, so I gave it a try, and it worked out quite well, so everyday for about three to four months I would meditate right after getting home from work, and afterwards I would feel A LOT better, and less stressed. However, recently about five...

Descartes first meditation [ 1 Answers ]

What are descartes former opinions? What are the reasons that he demolishes the former opinions? How does he overcome his skepticisms?

Meditation [ 8 Answers ]

OK so lately maybe the last... 8 or so weeks I've been under a lot of stress with all manner of different things and have had anxiety attacks and just cried myself to sleep due to depression and just all the stuff happeing around me.. I think I have coped relatively... badly lol. I don't have any...

View more questions Search