Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davidp90210 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2006, 05:51 AM
    Building Design Ideas
    I have to do an analysis of Physics of Geology for my latest project (Architecture). Also, I have to find ways of using the earth to enhance my building. I have already decided to put soil pipes in, but I really need some other ideas. Any help would really useful. Also, if you have any interesting information on Geology in general that would be great. Thanks
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2006, 06:09 AM
    Here's a couple:
    1. Buildings in the side of a hill have long been known to have many benefits.
    2. There's a new technology called Compressed Stabilized Earth Blocks that you might want to read about, here.
    az37dad Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2007, 10:32 AM
    I always thought that it would be cool if you cored out a section of a solid rock like at the base of a cliff into a cave so to say ,but really clean cuts so everything was uniform like the walls and any hallways etc. And then at he opening just put the front face of a modern building on it or like a colonial style home but just the front wall with the trim and windows door etc. etc. The house would be completely carved out of rock so the possibilities would be almost endless with proper ventilation. We would have a new housing market. Could you imagine an entire neighborhood all carved into a cliff? The home would last forever and you wouldn't have to worry about your neighbor making too much noise or heating and air conditioning. I think it would be cool if you have enough cash right? Or Use a mine or a natural cave.
    corynow Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2011, 12:10 PM
    If you need some ideas I'd recommend checking out mindflashad. They have a quiz app where you just answer some questions about your project and then they automatically generate a free branding design concept for you that includes images, typography, logo and biz card designs. It's pretty cool. I recently used it and it gave me some good ideas for a redesign for my site.

Check it out, it could help get those creative juices flowing:
    http://mindflashad.com/branding-concept-quiz/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Abb Building? [ 2 Answers ]

I am feed up with my flabby belly! Its not that bad (12 stone 4) but I just hate the look of it, so I have decided to work on my abbs I now it could take months on ends but I'm prepared anyone got any tips for the diet, and exercise side? Low carbs yes but is that just bad carbs or allso good...

Building a Vivarium [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Folks, It's a long shot but I'm hoping that there is someone out there who can help me. Firtsly I'm no carpenter so don't know joins etc, but can usually do what I want. I am going to build a vivarium for the living room and need some help/advice. I intend to build I out of the laminate...

Building PC [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Looking to build my own PC - Did 1st build with a very smart friend. Now ready to go on my own. Any websites out there that can help? Thanks Stu

View more questions Search