Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisamarie86 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2008, 03:51 PM
    Weird bump behind my lip ring
    Hi I have lip ring I got it in may sometime, about 3 weeks ago on the inside of my mouth where the ring is, I noticed a bump, seems to be tissue? Don't know it didn't have a any feeling but now it does feel alil sore. And its getting bigger. I took it out for a day when I first noticed but, a few friends and teachers of mine told me it won't go away anyway so I just put it back in.. I'm not sure what to do whatever it is I just want it too go away. I even tried vitamin e oil... not helping please help... should I take the ring out
    Rate this Answer
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 8, 2008, 06:08 PM
    It's time to go to the doctor and find out what it is. If it was me, I'd take out the lip ring, just to prevent whatever this bump is from getting more irritated. It seems to be something that was caused by the piercing. Get it checked!
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2008, 10:27 PM
    The bump is more than likely being caused by irritation. If this is the case, it CAN go away.

What exactly do you do to the piercing on a daily basis? How often do you clean it? What do you clean it with? How often do you change the jewelry? etc...

Jul 9, 2008, 11:00 PM
    I took it out yesterday :( the tissue was getting bigger. I think it still is. Not sure though. I would clean it with listerine and neosporin for the outside. I usually cleaned it once a day. I know for sure it wasn't infected there was no signs of infection. I only changed the ring one time to put a bigger bar because they pierced it with too short of a bar. I made a doc apt. but its not till the 22nd. :( it feels a little soar also. One of my friends mentioned that it could be a keloid of some kind maybe. Do you think if it is that, that it could start forming on the outside, because there is now a thin layer of skin on the outside, but I'm not sure I'm that's just it healing I don't know it really has me worried though and its looks ugly. I well try to upload a pic so you can see thank you for your advice
    lisahutchinson Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 04:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lisamarie86
    hi i have lip ring i got it in may sometime, about 3 weeks ago on the inside of my mouth where the ring is, i noticed a bump, seems to be tissue?? dont know it didnt have a any feeling but now it does feel alil sore. and its getting bigger. i took it out for a day when i first noticed but, a few friends and teachers of mine told me it wont go away anyways soo i just put it back in.. im not sure what to do whatever it is i just want it too go away. i even tried vitamin e oil...not helping please help .........should i take the ring out
    Rate this Answer
    Clean the month in salty water three times daily see if that works

Jul 10, 2008, 10:25 PM
    I have picture of before I took the ring out, its now alil bigger.

nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2008, 02:58 AM
    Its really hard to make out what is in that picture, but I think I can see it a little.

If it looks the way that I think it does (and I think it looks really huge), you need to see a doctor for further instruction.

Jul 13, 2008, 09:10 PM
    Thanks for your advice I already have an apt.
    Whatsername Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2008, 02:05 AM
    Sorry I don't have an answer for u.

But I have the exact samee thing from a lipring it looks exactly the same... what did the doctor tell u?

Jan 3, 2009, 11:01 PM
    I took it out along time ago, and now a lot of girls have been telling me that they all got the same weird bump like mine and that you just have to let it heal and the bump will go away. Soooo I took it out for nothing!! Lol oh well
    qbanqt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 10:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lisamarie86 View Post
    thanks for ur advice i already have an apt.

Its called a kloid... what it is is a buildup of scarred tissue... its not going to hurt you but to get rid of it you crush up tylenol with a TINY bit of water... its like a paste and put it on there for ten minutes a day... also pinch it allll the time if your lip ring is out now... it will take a few months to go away... good luck.
    dancingclouds Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2009, 07:55 PM
    I have the same problem. I got my lip pierced a few months ago, and the lump just kind of appeared. I did some research and found out what it is. No matter how well you took care of it, this could have happened. It's called a keloid. There aren't any treatments that are always 100% effective. I'm just leaving my ring in. It can't kill you or anything.
    kristaKAOZ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2009, 03:48 PM
    Ugh,
    I have the same thing.
    It got a little bigger from when I first noticed it.
    It almost looks like the tissue is trying to grow over the barbell right?
    I got angelbites and only one of them is doing that.:(

But I've been puttin provon soap on the outised, and warm sea ssalt rinse on the inside and outside,
    That's what my peircer said to do.
    I just reaally don't want to take it out, it hurt to bad to get:P
    Lmao
    tati0521 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2009, 11:38 AM
    Not sure how old this question is but your ring was infected and you were cleaning but wrong. Use none alcohol mouth wash which is weird because with a tongue they say use Listerine. Anyway a good warm sea salt rinse a couple of times a day a non scented soap and crest pro health makes a great non alcoholic mouth rinse. I had this growth 4 weeks after piercing and it was getting larger did all these things and it went away within 2 weeks still went to doc for antibiotics but theses things made it go away. And if out when Im eating I now carry mouth wash to rinse the food from mouth right away it has been fine for a while now :)
    b.allison Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2010, 10:39 PM
    Comment on Altenweg's post
    The one thing you must not do with an lip piercing infection is take the ring/stud out!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My hamster has a really weird bump! [ 20 Answers ]

My dwarf hamster, Fizz, has this really odd bump on the left side of her bladder/lower stomach area. It is all pink and has almost no hair. It looks like it would really hurt, but Fizz is Showing no signs of pain and is behaving normally. I only have one hamster and I'm really worried. THE BUMP...

Bump underneath my nose ring. [ 2 Answers ]

Okay so I got my nose pierced like a month and a half ago and for a few weeks now, I've had like a bump on my nose. I was told to just use my h2ocean spray and it hasn't really worked, I've been told to wash it with sea salt and nothing. Is it a keloid? Or will it go away. Most people who have...

Weird recurring bump [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 19 and sexually active. I've been with my fiancé for 2 years and neither of us has cheated. I keep getting a weird flesh colored bump on the inside of my vaginal lips. It's never more than one bump at a time. They don't hurt unless I poke or squeeze them. I thought maybe it was a pimple or...

I have a weird bump. [ 4 Answers ]

I have 2 bumps below the opening of the vagina... I poped one the other day and it blled I thought it went away but it didn't... I've never had sex with a guy.. could this be hpv? Or could it be from shaveing.. I just want it to go away ASAP!! :(

View more questions Search