Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grace1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2003, 06:55 PM
    Wallpaper removal
    I've recently removed vinyl wallpaper from my kitchen walls. It all came off beautifully, but now the walls feel bumpy from what I assume is the glue. I've tried to wash it off, but it just feels slick and sticky and dries bumpy again. Any suggestions?

grace1
    Home repair Posts: 88, Reputation: 9

Oct 9, 2008, 11:14 PM
    Let the wall dry real good, go to home depot and buy a "wallsander" and a couple sheets of wall sanding pads to go on it and sand it good.

You can get a hand model or one on pole that works better for large areas.

Good luck

Roger
    Leeboy Posts: 172, Reputation: 5

Oct 13, 2008, 07:48 PM
    Go to a paint store or home depot... ask for a bottle of wallpaper remover called "Shur-off". About $5 a bottle... Whatever the ratio is to mix it, double it or triple it... Apply it heavilly to an area (lay a drop sheet on the floor because it will run down) with a good rag or cloth, then move to another area beside it and do the same. Then go back to the first area and start scrubbin... It should loosen the glue and dissolve it. The key is not to put the soultion on and let it dry, makes it a little harder to get it off...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stubborn Wallpaper [ 2 Answers ]

I moved into my house about a year ago and I've almost finished renovating all the rooms except the kitchen and dining room. I've decided to start this week and my first task is removing a wallpaper border. I used a scoring tool and then used a mix of hot water and Poly-Peel to loosen the...

Removing old old old wallpaper [ 6 Answers ]

I am remodeling a condo I recently bought. The wallpaper is old and double layer. The wallpaper glue under the base layer is about 2mm thick and won't come off. I have used hot water spray, wallpaper enzymes and elbow grease. The wall board paper is coming off in chunks. Any suggestions...

Removing wallpaper [ 5 Answers ]

I recently bought my house.we are slowly remodeling the all the rooms.one room has wallpaper.it looks really old.I have no idea how I should remove it.a friend told me I could use fabric softern mix with water.is this true?I pull at the wallpaper there seems to be no other layers of wallpaper.any...

Wallpaper Problem [ 1 Answers ]

:(... Hi... I have the Windows 2000 Professional. The Internet Explorer and I am on AOL... The pics that I have chosen for my wallpaper (all from the movies.. my hobby), are piling up on my Desk Top and will not rotate or change. I have many of them. They are forming a collage on my Desk Top. I...

Wallpaper removal [ 1 Answers ]

I've already peeled the top layer of the wallpaper off and am left with the paper backing. I've tried DIF concentrate mix, letting it sit and resoak twice, I've tried the DIF gel, letting it sit and then I tried straight vinegar. Nothing seems to be easily taking the backing off, in addition...

View more questions Search