Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ferdie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2008, 10:31 AM
    Dry dog food.
    Our five year old Poodle weighs 10 pounds and is reluctant to eat her dry dog food.
    I was wondering if anyone has solved the problem by adding or substituting wet dog food or by adding broth of some kind.
    teachnk Posts: 275, Reputation: 50

Jul 8, 2008, 11:11 AM
    I'm not sure of your situation, but here are some of my thoughts. Does your vet believe she is underweight? I personally don't believe in tempting dogs to eat more by adding other foods unless they is a medical reason for doing so. As dogs age and their activity decreases, they often reduce their food intake.
    If your dogs appetite has recently decreased and there has been weight loss, I would consider seeing a vet to rule out other issues. My vet once recommended adding a bit of water and warming it in the microwave for 5 seconds for an elderly dog with bad teeth. While I know your dog is still relatively young, I did notice how excited my dog got because the food smelled so rich when doing this. It might be worth a try before adding other things to your dogs diet. Good luck.
    blackblue Posts: 145, Reputation: 8

Jul 9, 2008, 05:56 PM
    Has she ate the dog food all of her life? Maybe it's time for a change! You try eating chicken noodle soup ever day and see how you like it! Sometimes a change is all they need.
    Or you could try buying some dog gravy to pour on the kibble.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog food [ 1 Answers ]

I have a mastiff that was the runt of the litter and I am wondering if there is a supplement to add to his food to fill him out better. {Moved from Forum Help-<>}

Dry food or wet food for puppy? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I just got an 8 week old Daschund puppy and I'm not sure if I should give him wet food or dry food? Thank You. :confused:

New food/old food/keep it the same or change? [ 4 Answers ]

Our cat has been acting a little weird lately, over the past week we have noticed that he doesn't seem to be eating the same as he did. Over the last week he will get excited that its feeding time, then I put his bowl down for him and he will lick his meat until all the jelly? Is gone off the meat...

Dog.cat food.table food [ 7 Answers ]

I got a dog from my mother in law whom got her from a guy who got her from someone who couldn't take care of her. Well I believe she was beat and starved. When she got here she wouldn't eat or drink. She peed everywhere, and she is terrified of kids and loud people. She rarley goes to anyone beside...

My dog is off her food [ 1 Answers ]

My dog has been off her food for two days

View more questions Search