Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ProjectH Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2006, 08:18 PM
    Reassemble the Tub Faucet
    I have a slip on tub faucet that was removed from the stub out. I cannot understand how to fit the components back together and reassemble so that it does not come off when the shower mechanisim is engaged. If anyone can help me, I'd love some ideas.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2006, 08:37 PM
    I think you are talking about the tub spout and if you are I assume that you also have a shower head above the tub. You may have a slip on spout that goes on over a pice of 1/2 copper pipe sticking out of the wall about three inches. If your tub spout is metal but has a piece of plastic on the inside that will slip over the copper pice. I the hole that slips over the copper there is an O-ring that seals the water and if it is the one I am talking about it has a allen wrench screw on the bottom part of the plastic, slip the spout up on the copper so that it is firm against the wall and then use an allen wrench to tighten the screw against the copper pipe.

If this is not what you have you might give more information and get better answers
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 28, 2006, 08:25 AM
    I agree with letmetellu's answer. Your spout should look like this, (see image). Be certain that there are no rough edges on the end of the copper pipe to tear up the "O" ring before you slop on the spout. Good luck, Tom
    ProjectH Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2006, 01:11 AM
    Thank you both for your replies. Yes you are both correct in the assumptions of how the spout fits over the copper pipe. Is the "O" ring a rubber ring, or a flat plastic ring - I have both that should fit back together somehow.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 31, 2006, 07:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectH
    Thank you both for your replies. Yes you are both correct in the assumptions of how the spout fits over the copper pipe. Is the "O" ring a rubber ring, or a flat plastic ring - I have both that should fit back together somehow.
    Rubber type rings = "O"rings
    Flat plastic rings = washers
    Your instruction sheet should have illustrations showing what goes where and directions on installing it. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom faucet [ 6 Answers ]

I would like some advice for choosing a bathroom faucet. I'm a very practical guy. Looks are not important to me. Rather I want something that lasts, is easy for the plumber to repair or fix or work on. I want something that has a good warranty, etc. Can anyone recommend a brand or model that...

Hot water faucet [ 1 Answers ]

My question is that my upstairs bathroom tub/shower the cold water runs fine. The hot water is much slower to come out of the faucet. I have faucets for both cold and hot water. They are Gerber faucets and I tried to remove the stem from the hot water to check it by removing the handle and the...

Shower faucet [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, When I turn on the shower the water still runs out of faucet.

Outside faucet leaks [ 1 Answers ]

My outside faucets have a plastic cap between the house and on/off handle that says anti-siphon, which are now gushing water when I turn on the faucet. When I turn this cap it spins in either direction and doesn't seem to do anything. 2 out of 3 faucets are doing this, one seems to be fine. How...

Low hot water pressure from kichen faucet only- 1 handle faucet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. My question is similar to one asked a few posts ago except this is a 1 handle faucet. I plan on maintaining the boiler from now on but I have to fix the flow problem first. I disconnected the hot water supply line to the faucet and the pressure is excellent so I assume the problem is in the...

View more questions Search