Ask
    mayflower2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 10:55 PM
    Getting rid of fleas
    How do I get rid of fleas in my apt.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2008, 12:35 AM
    Remove any pets that may live there, then use a flea bomb. This is a flea poison that comes in a can and "fogs" the apartment with chemicals.
    themouseman Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Jul 10, 2008, 09:05 PM
    1. Cat flea most common species in america has a 12.5 day life cycle at perfect temperature, humidity and food sources.

2. don't remove pet or emerging fleas will feed on you and your family.

3. do apply a pesticide product that is labeled for fleas with an contact and insect growth regulator) by treating all carpets, furniture, floors, of your home. If pet has bedding place in dryer until temperature reaches 150 f this will kill all stages of flea in any clothing or infested bedding.

4. do take pet to your vet and have him put on a flea control product.

5. if you do not want to spray contact a pest control operator licenced by your state and make sure they are a member or the national pest management association. They have excellent training and service guidelines for members.

6. vacuum every day larvae feed on adult droppings removing food forces larvae to travel farther and come into contact of pesticide.

7. wait!! You will need a minimum of 30 days to eliminate your problem
    Fleas | University of Kentucky Entomology

8. bombs contain pryrethium a natural insecticide that is light sensitive and breaks down too quickly to offer effective control. They also contaminate all surfaces including dishes, cutlery, baby and chidren toys with an insecticide exposing you and your family to pesticide.

9. flea pupae can remain dormient for 1 year so you must activate them by vibration and breathing carbon dioxide in all areas in your home another good reason to vacuum whole house daily.
    usmcphantom0186 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2008, 05:44 PM
    I just got rid of fleas my dog had them go to walmart buy the flea soap make sure to follow directions also buy carpet flea powder the fleas were gone the next day have not seen any and he had tons of them! Don't let them multiply do this soon!
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jul 15, 2008, 09:00 PM
    One addition to mouseman's post - when you vacuum, immediately remove bag, wrap in plastic and dispose. They can continue to develop in the sweeper.

=
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 15, 2008, 09:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by themouseman
    6. vacuum every day larvae feed on adult droppings removing food forces larvae to travel farther and come into contact of pesticide.
    Don't forget to remove the vacuum bag after EACH vacuuming.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can't get rid of these fleas! [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old dog. He never had fleas up until a month ago. My friend brought her dog over, and wouldn't you know it, he had fleas. I have tried flea baths, the stuff you put on the back of their neck, nothing works! Anyone have any ideas? I'm taking him to the vet next week anyway, but...

Fleas on a pup [ 8 Answers ]

We recently got our 4 year old a puppy and when we got the puppy home she is swimming in fleas. Then puppy is only 5 weeks old and we got it early because the mother ran away. I have tried the dish soap method to remove the fleas and I'm afraid to make her sick. Nothing has seemed to work. I...

Getting rid of fleas [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, we have 2 dogs and a new house.. and we now have fleas! We have treated the yard for fleas and need to rid the house and dogs of them, but I do not want to "bomb" the house with insecticides. I have heard to use salt, Borax laundry detergent and dish detergent... if anyone has experience with...

Fleas Law [ 2 Answers ]

IS there a law that will cover Fleas in a apartment?

How can I get rid of the fleas? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2 week old lab that has fleas. The fleas don't jump. They are to content. But I bathed her with puppy shampoo and they have all moved to her head around her eyes that haven't opened yet. What can I do or use?

View more questions Search