Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blackberry Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2003, 03:25 AM
    New apartment
    Hi,

I'm going to move in to a new studio (one room apartment) in couple of months and I really want
    To make it look good witout using a lot of money.
    I've looked at some examples in magazines and I
    Wonder if I should decorate my room in an extreme
    Fancy way that I like (such as leopard print, bright
    Colors furnishing, etc.), or the "earth tone" that
    Give the cozy feeling? I like cozy yellow lights because it
    Makes me feel comfortable more than just white neon
    Light.

Do you have suggestions for mixing up the color tones
    Such as... (red,white,black) (yellow,white,blue)... or something like that? I don't know what color tone or
    Style should I use because I like bright colors, it fits my
    Personality, but the earth tone doesn't... but it gives a
    Cozy feeling at times when I feel tired...

Suggestions?
    Thanks.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2003, 04:56 PM
    new apartment
    Choose rugs and any furnature that the dog will be on in colors that won't show as bad. Also look for stain resistance.
    MrsAdams Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2003, 10:20 PM
    new apartment
    I onced lived in a tiny apartment, and my advice would be not to go with dark or bright flashy colors because you'll either A: feel like your in a cave or B: get annoyed by it. My suggestion is to go with earth tones... and by no means do I mean just beige and brown... there are blues, purples, greens, reds, oranges... those are all colors of the earth... just in small portions. Tone on tone often looks nice... Denim & blue hues work great because denim is cheap and you can always find pretty blue glass bottles to put in your windows to reflect the light or other blue items to decorate with... Also, a little tip for anybody who rents... if you can't paint because of restrictions or you can't wallpaper.. go to the fabric store and buy a nice print that you like... you don't want to get anything that's slick like satin or silk (plus those are pricey) or anything like velvet (unless you like the Vegas look LOL) the best I've used is either cotton fabric like for quilts or bedding... well than get you a couple boxes of powdered starch... mix it up with water so that its to a milky consistancy (the bathtub or wash basin works great) than stick in the fabric and let it soak in a bit than ring it out a bit than just like wallpaper place each sheet of fabric on the wall and trim it where needed... the starch will make it stick to the wall and when you get ready to move... just peel it off and use a wet wash cloth or sponge to remove the starch from the wall and voilą... the landlord will never know! Hope this helps!
    jchacone1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2012, 09:08 PM
    Hi, I am a High End Interior Designer, not knowing anything about your lifestyle makes this a bit difficult, nonetheless, I would suggest to keep the walls lite such as beige ( it goes with every color ) define areas with area rugs( if possible ) for example an area rug under the bed, another one in the sitting area, keep colors lite, add drama and contrast with painting, pictures and accessories, you can always change them if you get tired of them and remember, you need room to walk around, keep clutter to a minimum. NO dark colors

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Apartment Lease Buy-Out in NYC [ 2 Answers ]

The building that I now live in has just recently been sold. (New York City location) The management of the new owners has approached me for a meeting to discuss a possible buy-out of my existing lease. I still have 1 year left on my lease, paying rent that is well below the market rate. ...

Bugs in apartment [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. Does anyone know if I can terminate a lease early, with NO consequences, if I have bugs in my apartment, and the landlord knows about it, and is NOT doing anything about it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Apartment contracts [ 10 Answers ]

We have lived in our apartment for 27 years. We have new owners and they want us to sign a new contract. The contract states that we will be financially responsible for all repairs due to the apartment and if repairs are not made that they have the right to take personal possessions from your...

Fire Damage to Apartment - Landlord using to upgrade apartment [ 8 Answers ]

Earlier this year my apartment was minimally damaged by a fire. The exact cause of the fire is unknown, however it is believed that my cat knocked something onto the stove which then turned on and burned the basket. Fire damage to the apartment was restricted to the kitchen stove area. Smoke...

Mold in apartment [ 12 Answers ]

I moved from Florida last November in that home I had all ceramic tile floors I am now in Pa. leasing an Apt. that has wool rugs, gas stove, window air conditioners that draw in the mold that is outside on my Apt. I would like to know if there is any way that I can break my lease because I have...

View more questions Search