Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    studiomaster Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 08:46 PM
    Control temperature in AHU with external chiller plant
    During rain heavy cool inside the rooms. How to control air centralized air conditioning in better fashion. Comments welcome.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2008, 09:12 PM
    You have too much huumidity and you have to cut out allmost all the outside ventilating air.

Jul 8, 2008, 12:16 AM
    Is there any external controllers available to
    * switch of ahu if it reaches a set temperature. That will help to save electricity.
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Jul 8, 2008, 08:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by studiomaster
    during rain heavy cool inside the rooms. how to control air centralized air conditioning in better fashion. comments welcome.
    The fan always running , and the chilled water valve modulating to control the temp

Jul 8, 2008, 08:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by caibuadday
    the fan alway running , and the chilled water valve modulating to control the temp
    Chiller plant ownership and control is with external authority

We have only the incoming connectivity to ahu, from there could we do something to control temperature
    Paul Blanchard Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2012, 03:49 PM
    WE have a new external chiller that we run all summer. My question is... When we get heat waves in the winter can I run the chiller to remove the heat from the building in the winter? I know it sounds stupid but it's a unsolve problem that comes every year.
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Dec 7, 2013, 05:41 PM
    There should be no problem when you get the heat wave in the winter. If you worry, then adding your loads slowly. You could use OA to precool the space / the chilled water loop

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chiller plant manager [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Could u tell about chiller plant manager provided in chillercontrol itself. If we are controlling chiller and pumps by BMS system I mean start/stop command based on installed temp. sensor or pressure sensor. In this case what is the benefit of inbuilt chiller plant manager.

Separate temperature control [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I plan on purchasing a two-floor home (which will be built in the next 6-8 months) and I would like to have installed a HVAC unit that would allow me separate controls of the air temperature for each floor. For instance, I would like to have the option of heating/cooling one floor only, when...

Temperature control/thermostat [ 4 Answers ]

Our new home of approximately 2000 sq. ft. has two heating sources, a heat pump for the upstairs and a gas furnace for the first floor. We do not have a basement. The stairway is open to a second floor loft with two bedrooms and a bath enclosed. I have set back thermostats on both heaters. I am...

View more questions Search