Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    XxSteffxX Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 08:39 PM
    Study Forensic Science?
    I want to be a Crime Scene Examiner , I´m wondering what I need to study exactly because I am a bit lost.. yeah Forensic Science , but I need more degrees on something else? I´m getting into my last year of High School.
    Also is there any good University in Texas or Canada?
    Thanks.
    :confused:
    hejLeigh Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2008, 05:48 AM
    Hi
    I also want to become an 'CSi', now I just to find this site where you can find all universitys and colleges in the world where you can study Forensic science. I can't find it anymore, but I found an other website that could maybe help you. I already found the perfect university for me, but that's in Great-Britain, so maybe not so good for you. I do remember that there definitely were some universities in Canada where you can study it. Check this link: CSI
    hejLeigh Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2008, 06:01 AM
    Crime Scene Examiner - You will work whenever and wherever crime occurs, indoors or outdoors, day or night, and have to be able to deal with dead bodies and other messy situations but there certainly is a lot less routine. The pay is not great but few folk voluntarily leave a crime scene section for other duties. The intellectual challenge is still there and the scientific basis of the field is developing. Some tasks will become more routine and more sophisticated but overall it could be an exciting time for the next decade. The crime scene examiner should have a bachelor's degree either in a natural science with emphasis in law enforcement and crime scene processing or a criminal justice degree with emphasis in natural science. Currently some state agencies have such a requirement and I believe that most agencies soon will. Forensic archeology would be excellent preparation. A listing below (following the Table of Courses) outlines a suggested approach for someone interested in doing more than just picking up stuff at a crime scene. Another approach is to combine crime scene investigation and psychology for the job now known as psychological profiling. (See below.)
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Oct 21, 2008, 05:18 PM

Verify the job market. Might be fine but there has been a large jump in folks taking to this career due to the various TV shows - which could lead to a flooded job market. Or not. Check it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where's the best university for Forensic Science? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I've been having a hard time trying to find a university that has a forensic science course. I'm not even sure if that's what I need for my career. I would like to work in a morgue, on crime scenes, or in labs. My big interest is the human body and would love to be involved in the...

Forensic science [ 4 Answers ]

I am a writer of crime fiction: at the beginning of my story, a young woman is raped and held down by another. Her partner comes home and is attacked (knocked unconscious). One of the attackers then slit's her throat. Her partner is charged with her rape and murder. He escapes at his first court...

Forensic science (cause of death) [ 5 Answers ]

If a few bones, blood and a jaw complete with teeth was found what would your conclusion be?

Forensic Science [ 2 Answers ]

"Forensic scientists can measure the muzzle velocity of a gun by firing a bullet horizontally into a large hanging block that absorbs the bllet and swings upward. The measured maximum angle of swing can be used to calculate the speed of the bullet. In one such test, a rifle fired a 4.20g (.0042kg)...

Forensic science [ 2 Answers ]

Can you start a fire with table salt and water

View more questions Search