Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kerriwarren Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2006, 12:54 PM
    Homeschooling a k student
    I have taken my son out of the public school and desided to homeschool wich books and where would I go to get them are the best?:o
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2006, 01:25 PM
    While I believe in the success that homeschooling can foster, it of course takes planning and structure.

We have a store in town that is about 1/3 workbooks for home or classrooms, 1/3 books, and the rest toys and learning games. Look in the yellow pages for kids toys and look for independent stores. Call, and if they do not have materials see if they have suggestions.

I have not checked our local public libraries out for resources, but I'd bet you could find some info there as well.

And hang out here long enough and they'll be others with tips and advice.

Also, go up to the top of the askme page and search for "homeschooling"... lots of forum posts here

A few sites:
    http://www.homeedmag.com/
    http://homeschooling.about.com/
    http://homeschooling.gomilpitas.com/
    krittengirl Posts: 63, Reputation: 14

Apr 16, 2007, 06:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kerriwarren
    I have taken my son out of the public school and desided to homeschool wich books and where would I go to get them are the best?:o
    Your public school may be required to allow you to borrow books if you wish to do so. Look for a homeschool convention in your state that you could attend if you really want to see all the curriculum that is out there. I can give my opinion that "Math U See" is great for math and Abeka is top of the line for phonics based reading and writing. Does your son have any special issues or needs that would need addressing? Think about what caused you to decide to homeschool. Write down what your objectives are for your sons education. Educate him with the tools he needs for life, not just the facts and information that you have been told he needs to memorize (when have you ever needed to know the specific dates that ponce de leon or descartes came to america?)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Homeschooling [ 1 Answers ]

I am writing a paper for my college english class on the adantages and disadvantages of homeschooling. I was homeschooled and also attended some public school. I would like responses from people who have been homeschooled not people who only have an opinion on the topic Thanks

Homeschooling [ 34 Answers ]

Hello I would like to know more about the disadvantages of homeschooling. I am doing a letter to the editor for a school assessment task and I need to find as many disadvantages as possible. If you can help please respond.

F-1 student tax [ 5 Answers ]

Hello I have a question. Im an F-1 student. I graduated in May 2005. I have been working on OPT since June all the way until the end of the year. That makes me qualified to file tax as a non-resident. Ok I earned an amount of 4200 on W-2 (not on H-1, its F-1)with federal tax 225 and state...

F1 student on CPT [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I am working on CPT and my earnings from this job is just below 10,000$ and about 1000$ from school in the year 2005. I am an indian student.My employer didn't deduct any taxes from my internship but my school did deduct some money. My question is am I eligible for taxes because last year...

F1 student Tax problem [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am preparing Form 1040NR-EZ as F1 student for 2004. I am a citizen of People's Republic of China and I did not receive Form 1042S Form. I DONOT have Teaching or Research Assitantship or Fellowship or Scholarship. My position is just a wage payroll position as programmer on campus(in a...

View more questions Search