Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angel92 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 05:59 PM
    Soulmates or not?
    I always heard the saying "whats meant to be will return to you"... When I was 15 and in high school (1992) my ex boyfriend and became first true loves. We were very close, (more close than normal boyfriend and girlfriends) anyway, about the time after we graduated we started to drift apart, I got married to someone else and so did he, we lost contact for 10 yrs. In 2006, we reunited and started comminucating over the phone and been good friends ever since then, but of course he's married and I don't interfere with marriages, Im divorced now. Since we both were at crossroads at one time and went down different paths but came back together, is there any true indication that we were meant to be in the first place and made the wrong choices? My birthday is 8/2/77 and his is 10/21/76
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2008, 06:24 PM
    I think people use soul mate in too board of a definition and then expect it to mean marriage.
    I believe you can be soul mates and never meant to be married. Having a close connection doesn't mean it would have lasted or was meant to be as in marriage.
    Maybe you made the wrong choice maybe you didn't but all you can do is go from here with what you have.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 7, 2008, 06:26 PM
    No, in real life, a relationship is built by hard work, by sharing, by taking care of the needs of the other. And often "first love" is a wonderful thing to remember as a nice thing but normally not something you rehash.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are me and my boyfriend soulmates? [ 3 Answers ]

I really want to know if my boyfriend and I are meant to last? I was born on December 30 1972 9:00 morning, and he was may 29 1964.2:30 afternoon, does anyone know about numerology?

Soulmates or too much baggage? [ 19 Answers ]

My GF broke up with me 3 months ago. We were together for 4.5 yrs. She started to date someone else. However we have talked or hung out almost everyday since the break. She know that I want to be with her and love her very much. We totally are best friends. She says that I'm her (HOME) but I have...

Soulmates yes or no? [ 9 Answers ]

I have been told there is one person for everyone out there. And nothing will keep them from you,distance,other people, being unready,divorce , another relationship, nothing, you will end up with your soulmate. You just have to be positive, love yourself, make room in your life and be ready and...

0 [ 12 Answers ]

:o How would you know if you meet already your soulmate? Are there any signs or extraordinary feelings once you meet each other? Are there any difference living up w/ a 'LIFEtime" partner instead of a soulmate?? i hav this book which tells that soulmates are two souls in the past life who had...

View more questions Search