Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ilovemovies40 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2003, 05:12 AM
    Teens Bedroom ----help
    Hi
    Hope someone can help. We are redoing our 15 year olds bedroom - a skateboard fanatic. We would like to incorporate this into his room - old skate decks for shelves, posters mounted, track lighting, etc.

He wants his ceiling black - no problem - but what color would I use on the walls? His room is 13 x 13, he does have two large windows, but I don't want the room ro end up looking like a box. :D

Thanks so much
    purplerose722 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2005, 07:23 PM
    My sons skateboard room
    I am in the process of redoing my teenage sons room as well and he is also a skateboard fanatic. What I have done is I painted the walls orange above and dark blue on the bottom. The orange is background and the blue is a sillouette of a skateboard scene. On his long wall with no windows or doors, I have a half pipe with a sillouette of a skateboarder in the half pipe and another on one side waiting his turn. On another wall I have a sillouette of a skateboarder grinding a rail and another is a skateboarder olllieing off a stair. The wall with the window is just orange above and blue below. I am putting skateboards on the wall for shelves. I have also started outlining the blue sillouettes with glow in the dark paint so you can see the scenes for about an half hour after the lights go out. I am trying to find a new bed for him as well and am either getting a full size metal loft bed with a desk underneath or a futon bed that can also be a couch. I also want to get some lockers to add for storage. My son and all his friends love it. I have pictures if you would like to see them. They would help in understanding what it looks like. Just email me at [email protected]. I hope this helps in some way.

God bless,
    Teresa
    helpwithlove123 Posts: 24, Reputation: 5

Jan 5, 2012, 08:09 PM
    I would use a grey or a different shade of black on each wall. Contrast is important. Make sure to pick 3 colors you want to "pop".
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2012, 12:58 AM
    Hey help with love

Their son is 23 years old now. I think his tastes have changed by now or he is not living there anymore.

Before answering a question, look in upper left hand corner to see how old the post is. This one is from 2003.

Chuck
    helpwithlove123 Posts: 24, Reputation: 5

Jan 6, 2012, 07:04 AM
    Well sorry

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please all teens give opinion [ 53 Answers ]

Hi I'm 17 and I dated this guy for 2 years and now I think I'm pregnant by him. We haven't spoken in 3 months and I have a restraining order against him because he used to beat me and the last time we spoke he said if I was pregnant than he would hurt the baby and now I'm afraid to tell him and I...

Teens and MySpace [ 23 Answers ]

Wow what an epiphany... If you really want to know who your child is and what they are up to... do a myspace search on your kid. Click on all of their friends and read comments left by your child.and read comments their friends are leaving them. Most teenagers have a myspace account and it's...

My teens do not like my partner [ 17 Answers ]

I feel hopeless, my kids have virtually pushed my partner out of their lives and mine. Now I have to sneak around to see her. What should I do? Should I stop seeing this person that I love, just because my teenagers have told me so? I am very confused... yoyokerk:( :( :(

Teens without conscience [ 11 Answers ]

My 16 year old Son has decided he would like to live on his own. His Sister who is 18 has been asked to leave her father's house two days ago because she has been lying and stealing and refusing to help out at home or abide by the house rules. She has been defiant since she was 7. When she was a...

What do you talk to a teenager about? Teens help me please. [ 23 Answers ]

Okay there's this 15 year old girl that has been instant messaging me because we both have the same taste in music but I never catch her in time to actually speak with her. I don't think she realizes that Im 29 years old knowing that some people don't bother to look at profiles. I wonder if I...

View more questions Search