Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nfl08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 04:51 PM
    What rights does a parent give when they sign over parental rights?
    When I was 16 my mom signed over her parental rights, I am now 23 and have a kid. What rights to her grand kid does she have?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2008, 05:06 PM
    She has any grandparent rights that you allow her or if she takes it to court then whatever the Judge says but that would probably be just visitations. But since she signed away rights a Judge wouldn't give her any rights.
    She has no more rights than any other grandparent would have that you allow her basically.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2008, 05:08 PM
    If her parental rights were terminated by a judge then she is legally no longer your mother which in turn means that she is not your child(ren)'s legal grandmother.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex says sign over parental rights or else! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am currently a single dad of a six year old boy. I met, and married a woman, and had a child with her. About 4 years ago, she took this child to Florida, (I live in Oregon) divorced me and I haven't seen him since. She immediately filed for child support at $500/mo,plus health,...

Sign over parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

How can I and will it help that she recently married?:confused: >Moved from Forum Help<

What does it mean if a parent would sign over their rights? [ 4 Answers ]

Does that mean the children would be elligible for adoption?

He wants to sign over my parental rights [ 6 Answers ]

Before my husband and I met he dated this girl who told him she was on birth control and everything else. Well she got pregnant and he left for Iraq, he tried to be a part of the babies life then but she told him it wasn't his and she wanted nothing to do with him. He got out of the military and...

Can I sign off my parental rights [ 27 Answers ]

I have 2 kid that live in Washington state and I live in houston I want to sign off my rights can you do that or not I was told the only way was if my ex wife got married and the man wanted to adoped my 2 kids can anoy help me with this

View more questions Search