Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CHAYOTE23 Posts: 37, Reputation: 0

Mar 26, 2006, 03:58 PM
    Where is the best real estate market in the United States or World to invest?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2006, 08:21 AM
    No doubt some will be in the top of many different people's list, but of course there will also be many varied opinions.

See what I mean by the snippets shown in the links here:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search
    GenomeX Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2006, 10:48 AM
    It really depends what you mean by ' best'... If you think that the best is the amount of profit made (rather than the appreciation gained by not selling it and keeping it), then that depends to since the profit can be low but quick, or high but late/slow.

My dad's a property developer and does his developments in the UK.
    Here in england, especially in the northwest area where land is cheaper (and more and more people are moving from the south, so they can have bigger houses) , there are loads of property developments emerging.. and they are selling like hot cakes.

However, the main thing is how much capital have you got to invest? If you have little capital (e.g. only enough to build 1-5 houses) then you will make less money since you have zoned a smaller amount of land from a city (which will be less appealing, and therefore will fetch a smaller profit & will also take more time to sell per house - also if its under 20 houses, then not many people will know about it)

If you have more capital (or perhaps can attract investors) and can build many houses (20+) then you would zone a greater part of land (since the people around would know about it quite well), which would make it more appealing to customers, fetch more profit

My dad has large housing development projects (large ones are the ones that make money) and of which typical net profit margins (north west part of england, for my dads projects) are around the 50-200% range (usually over 1.5-3 years).

Once great reason to develop properties in the UK is the quality of housing. In the US, we all know that the housing standard is very good, and a nice 2500-4000+sqft home is very common (and there are places where lots of houses over 7000sqft can be found). However in the UK it is totally different. Most houses in the UK are very grotty, about 2 bedrooms (which would be the size of an american closet), be quite hideous/ugly, and under 1000sqft - if you ever visit the UK, and decide to go past what the london sightseeing buses take you to.. you will realize this.

That's were american property developers come in. Building a beautiful house isn't expensive. If you've got the right mind, and a great sense of style, a beautiful house can be cheaper (or the same price) as a grotty oldbrick english house. In the UK there are many american house builders, and when they build houses, british people get totally amazed (since they only see a nice beautiful neighbourhood when a foreign guy brings/builts it).

British people do have the money, but don't know what kind of house they want until you build their dream home (sometimes my dad sells his homes well before they are actually finished).
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 12, 2006, 11:52 AM
    I will agree what do you mean by best.

If you want something that is high priced and most likely will just get higher, some fix up places in New York, Paris, London.

Hawaii still have some undevelped areas that could be a great investment.

But if you are looking for some very low cost that "could" become valuable, the areas around New Orleans right now, buying up some of the destroyed areas, or even some of the older down town in area where you are taking a risk that it will to though the roof in 5 to 10 years.

My son for examples develops sub divisions. He takes some farm land near a metro area, puts in sewer and water and streets, subdivides the land and builds new houses.
    GenomeX Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2006, 12:56 PM
    Oh yeah... Fr Chuck's right.. The parts around New Orleans. Get a few acres of land near it for a few bucks and wait till the place rebuilds itself. However, there must be loads of people around (even around the world) that are planning to do this, so in actual fact they would also be helping you (and you would be helping them) in increasing the land value.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Real Estate [ 3 Answers ]

Does any one here know about real estate. I'm wondering which aspect of the whole career is best as in buying a house fixing it up and selling or going through companies. Or if they are two totally different things in all. Just any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Real Estate [ 7 Answers ]

We Are Selling Our Home Which Has Two Separate Properties. The People Who Want To Buy Both Properties Put In A Contract. Now They Wish To Divide To Two Contracts One For Each Property. Please Note That Both Properties Are Separately Addressed And Separately Deeded. If We Agree To This Are They...

Bankruptcy and Real Estate [ 7 Answers ]

My sister and her husband have filed for bankruptcy. They are losing their home And land. Their land adjoins my property. The land has been in our family for many years, and I really need to save their property for that reason alone. I would like to buy the land but don't know how to go about...

Real Estate Laws [ 3 Answers ]

If A rental property comes with appliances, who is responsible if the appliance stop working properly. The tenant or the renter? :confused:

Real Estate [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: How do I find out whether a real estate broker is licensed?

View more questions Search