Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PCP Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2006, 04:14 AM
    AC Adaptor for Nano
    I have just purchased an AC adapter for Apple Nano 2GB.

The ac adaptor has following specifications;

Ac input 90-260V
    Output 4.9V to 11V DC

I am not sure should I connect it with my Nano or not. Nano can be charged with USB port which gives 5V DC but the new adaptor says 4.9V to 11V. Will it be safe to use it with my Nano.

Make of adaptor is CALLMATE made in China.

Prakash
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2006, 08:17 AM
    So the adapter you bought has settings to choose from 4.9V to 11V. If so,
    1. What is the input requirement on the Nano? and
    2. What is the next setting up from 4.9v on the adapter?
    PCP Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2006, 09:52 PM
    Thanks. As I mentioned it is autoranging device. It doesn't have any switch for output voltage. I simply mentions 4.9V to 11V.

Prakash
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2006, 03:37 AM
    I don't know the technicalities of it, but I'm the leery type on something like this. For something as high-tech and expensive as the Nano, I'd use an adapter that has the exact output as the required amount stated on the Nano itself.

Since adapters are so cheap, I'd just get the one that is exact.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ipod nano [ 5 Answers ]

I have a iPod nano and my girlfriend has the new one that you can put music videos on it. Well I was just going to let her use my computer to download all her music. So when we hooked hers up it said that you had to update the version to one higher than I had for my nano. So I did and everything...

What do you think of the SanDisk Sansa player? [ 3 Answers ]

SanDisk Sansa™ c100 Series MP3 Player (1G.)... or Ipod Nano 1G ? What to do, which one shall I get?. the Sansa comes with FMradio with 20 pre-set stations and it turns out to be cheaper!. hey, 30 bucks lesss... Any advice ? Peace, Rene

USB Adaptor in PS/2 Port [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Fujitsu laptop running Win 98SE and it does not have any USB ports. I have this adaptor that allows me to convert a PS/2 port into a USB port for plugging USB peripherals in. I've run hardware scans, restarted the computer, etc. and I can't get it to recognize the USB adaptor...

View more questions Search