Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    El Glom-o Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jul 6, 2008, 07:27 PM
    Preserve wood fence
    What is the best preservative and method of application for a wooden vertical board fence?

The fence was installed almost two years ago and is certainly ready for a coat of some kind of preservative, but I really don't know what type/brand is best.

Also, what about application? I'd be glad to spend the dough on whatever kind of gear makes the job easiest and most convenient, without getting into ridiculous amounts. Regular compressor/tank/spray gun for high-pressure/low-volume application plus possible use of other air tools (air ratchet, impact wrench, etc.); specialized high-volume/low-pressure paint application gear which could be used for other painting applications; power roller; Wagner "Power-Painter"-type gear; hand-applied with painting mitts?
    NaturalGasMan Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2008, 10:12 PM
    I am currently building a new cedar fence and have chosen "Preserva wood" stain.
    I have used it before on other project fences and have been very pleased with the results.
    My current fence I am pre-staining the boards before the fence is built, but in the past have used a pump sprayer like you use for weed killer etc... Spray it on liberally with the sprayer and then touch up with a brush and roller for the field and tight areas. One of the comments I have gotten on my new fence is " It looks like furniture" The nicely stained boards are what make it look so nice. Preserva Wood GOOD STUFF

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Erecting a wood fence on concrete [ 13 Answers ]

I have a chain link fence that is on a concrete retaining wall between my property and neighbour's property. It is about 3'-4' in height and I was originally thinking about attaching a wooden fence to the existing fence posts. The fence I would need to build would be 5'-6' in height and I think...

Wood privacy fence with steel (metal) fence [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, We are planning to put in a 6' wood privacy fence on the sides of our property. We would like to install a metal (steel posing as wrought iron) fence across the front at a later date. My understanding is the terminal metal fence posts would be directly beside but not attached to the terminal...

Wood fence repair [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I buy a metal bracket to repair a wooden fence post?

Wood fence corners not square [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have another fence question. We are are building a wood privacy fence. The side fence will not be exactly perpendicular to the front fence. So the angle at the corner will be greater than 90 degrees. (Probably about 100 degrees). Would it be better to 1: just make each section on the...

Wood fence [ 1 Answers ]

I want to build a fence 8 ft tall and I am requested by the city engineered wind load calculations for 90 miles per hour, sustained for 3 seconds. How do I calculate this? Thanks for any help

View more questions Search