Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darkalliance Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Jul 6, 2008, 07:24 PM
    Am I pregnant?
    Nausea, dizziness, vertigo, stomach ache, emotional/ irrational, back pain and urinating a lot could I be pregnant?
    I've got a young daughter and have miscarried twice, once with twins. This feels the same as the beginning of all those but at same time different.
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2008, 07:30 PM
    It's possible, When was your period due/when is it due? Have you tested? What activities were you involved in to present a risk?
    Chewy1 Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jul 6, 2008, 07:31 PM
    Are you late? If so check your body temp, if it's over 37 degrees you are pregnant.

Jul 6, 2008, 08:03 PM
    I was due on the 4th and normally I'm exactly 30 days apart. Have done a test came back negative but this was 1 week ago. I've been taking the pill but had anti biotics for 1 week just after my last period, is it possible they stopped it working? I heard it can.
    @chewy for the last 3 weeks I've had a slight fever at 38.5

Jul 6, 2008, 08:24 PM
    Very possible. And pregnancy tests are not always accurate. If I was you I would go to the docs, get a blood test and re test yourself with a pregnancy test.

Jul 13, 2008, 09:18 AM
    I've done more tests and they've all come back negative. I've been to doc and waiting some blood tests. Does anyone know what else it could be?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2008, 03:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by darkalliance
    ive done more tests and they've all come back negitive. i've been to doc and waiting some blood tests. does anyone know what else it could be?
    An infection of some sort perhaps. Having a fever for 3 weeks is not normal... the slightly elevated temp could be due to pregnancy. Urine tests can sometimes take several weeks to show a positive for some women. See what your results are with the blood test.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 13, 2008, 03:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy1
    Are you late? If so check your body temp, if it's over 37 degrees you are preg.
    What? Wow, I must get pregnant allot then. Where did you get this info. If you have an infection you can have a temperature, that doesn't mean you're pregnant.

This was very inaccurate advice.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2008, 03:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    What? Wow, I must get pregnant allot then. Where did you get this info. If you have an infection you can have a temperature, that doesn't mean you're pregnant.

This was very inaccurate advice.

I think she may be referring to temps during the luteal phase. Temps will stay slightly elevated until the next period when they will drop, but if they continue longer, pregnancy may be a possibility. Of course, there are a number of reasons a temp can be up and what is slightly elevated for one woman may not be for another.
    Also, unless someone had been charting their temps, there would be no way to know if a pattern was showing that would lead to suspect this could be the cause as individuals will often have some variations.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 13, 2008, 04:01 PM
    Thanks Doula C, I just didn't want the OP to have false hope because of a high temperature.

Jul 13, 2008, 04:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC
    I think she may be referring to temps during the luteal phase. Temps will stay slightly elevated until the next period when they will drop, but if they continue longer, pregnancy may be a possibility. Of course, there are a number of reasons why a temp can be up and what is slightly elevated for one woman may not be for another.
    Also, unless someone had been charting their temps, there would be no way to know if a pattern was showing that would lead to suspect this could be the cause as individuals will often have some variations.

Yep, exactly what I meant. Sorry if I did not explain myself well enough.

Jul 14, 2008, 05:20 AM
    Its not an infection. Bloods are shoiwing nothing... you know what... F**K IT! I'm just going to curl up in a corner until I die (or come on, which ever comes first)
    n252911 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2008, 06:06 AM
    How Old Are You? Why Are You Taking Antibiotics? They Do Interfere With The Pill.if You Have A Low Grade Fever If Your White Blood Count May Be Low.. from My Experince(I Have Been Told )... means Some Type Of Infection..

Jul 14, 2008, 08:28 AM
    I had the anti biotics for a chest infection but that's cleared up. I'm going to leave it another week or so, do yet another test and if its negative I'm going to demand more tests from the doctor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Am I pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I'm very new at this and I'm hoping someone might be able to help me. I'm 3 days late and although this is nothing new to me, there are a couple of things that stroke me as odd. I usually have pms symptoms like cramping and brest tenderness a few days before my period is due. However,...

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

I'm I pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My cycle is every 23 days so sometimes I get my period twice in a month which is OK w/ me. My December 2007 cycle came on 12/02/07 until 12/06/07 and then the other cycle came 12/29/07 until 01/01/08. But I have not seen my cycle again since 01/01/08 and now I am starting to get scared.....

Could I be pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

I had an iud put in about 5 month ago and this past couple of weeks my emotions have been all over the place. Like they were when I was pregnant. I have been having pains and tightening in my abdomen and a very light period that only lasted about 3 days. My husband says that I have been acting like...

View more questions Search