Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    absogood Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2008, 08:16 AM
    Replace lennox thermostat with new honeywell RTH7400
    My old thermostat is to be replaced by a newer honeywell programmable RTH7400.
    The wires on my Lennox are as follows: O,G,Y1,R,L,T- ( jumpered to C ),W1,E.
    The W1 wire is connected to the old thermostat.
    Pretty easy here, but the T is not used anymore and the Y1, W1 wires ire throwing me off?
    Any input is greatly appreciated.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 6, 2008, 05:14 PM
    Y1= first stage cooling

W1= first stage heating

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring New Honeywell RTH7400 Thermostat? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay I have a mercury thermo that I was trying to replace with a digital Honeywell thermo. I have a Rheem furnace & outside A/C unit. I'm assuming this is a "conventional system"? The wires don't match up according to the installation manual so this is what I have: Original Thermo: ...

Replaceing Lennox thermostat with Honeywell RTH7400 [ 2 Answers ]

I am replaceing a Lennox 51H4001 with a universal Honeywell RTH7400 5-1-1 thermostat. The wires from the old thermostat were labeled C, G, Y1, W1, O, RH The replacement thermostat has the w1 and the o going to the same place - I connected w1 and taped off the o. HONEYWELL THERMOSTAT...

Lennox thermostat with Honeywell RTH7400 [ 1 Answers ]

Replaceing Lennox thermostat with Honeywell RTH7400 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------IF I CONNECT THE O THEN WHERE WILL THE W1...

Honeywell RTH7400 Thermostat Installation [ 1 Answers ]

I'm attempting to replace my old manual thermostat on a 2 stage heat pump with a Honeywell RTH7400 programmable unit. I'm having trouble matching up the wiring. I have: W2 R B Y G X The Honeywell thermostat has receptacles for the following:

Installing RTH7400 Honeywell Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing my (old) Honeywell T8411R thermostat with a (new)Honeywell RTH7400 programmable thermostat. I need help wiring to the new thermostat. My H/C system is a heat pump system. The old thermostat is wired to the following terminals: W1 - White W2 - Brown G - Green R - Red C - Blue...

View more questions Search