ycdc1111 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2008, 07:28 AM
    If a quit claim deed has not been recorded is it still valid
    ycdc1111 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2008, 07:32 AM
    Guit Claim Deed

My uncle signed a guit claim deed to my mother and when she passed 17 Apr 08, She did not get a chance to record it. My uncle then take back ownership of the house and saying he is the owner and totally disregarding the quit claim deed. Can you do this?
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Jul 6, 2008, 07:53 AM
    Yes - however, if another deed is recorded before it is recorded, then that would rule... RECORDING the deed is IMPERATIVE!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2008, 07:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cvillecpm
    Yes - however, if another deed is recorded before it is recorded, then that would rule...RECORDING the deed is IMPERATIVE!!

Or if someone dies before it's filed - people for whatever reason sign deeds, never file them - and then they die and the filed deed prevails during the ensuing Court battle.

This same issue was posted twice under 2 different headings - should be combined for ease in answering.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 6, 2008, 01:53 PM
    That needs needs to be taken and filed, if the uncle protests, itwill end up in court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Special warranty deed and quit claim deed what are they? [ 6 Answers ]

What is the difference bewtween the two and what is the purpose?

Reversal of life estate deed using quit claim deed [ 2 Answers ]

Can a life estate deed be reversed if all remainders sign a quit claim deed in North Carolina?

Valid or invalid equity loan done with quit claim deed [ 1 Answers ]

Could a loan be deemed invalid altogether if the quit claim deed used to obtain power of attorney was invalid? If the loan is considered invalid after the house goes into foreclosure, would the original property owner (before the quit claim deed was done) be able to reverse foreclosure and get...

Why isn't Quit Claim valid when selling house [ 17 Answers ]

My mother is 87 selling her house, her husband died 54 years ago, She had the children sign quit claim deeds once they were adults and recorded at the County Court House. The title company is saying these are no longer acceptable and that she will have to go back to the children with some new form....

Corrective Deed, New Quit Claim Deed, or See an Attorney? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a major problem with a quit claim deed that was done regarding my father's property. The intention was to put me in the deed but as an heir to the property, not as a co-owner or anything like that. So, a quit claim deed was filled out and recorded at the clerk of the circuit court. However,...

View more questions Search