Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rebnaz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2008, 10:49 PM
    Stomach Ache/Naseau after eating very little.
    Hi. I am a 25 year-old female diagnosed with major depression and anxiety. I'm currently taking Effexor, Neurontin & Wellbutrin. Recently I have been experiencing an unusual GI situation. The effexor has attributed to a decrease in hunger, but for the past month or so every time I eat a meal, I not only feel full after a small amount of food, but I experience stomach aches and a big urge to lie fast. Eating such a mediocre amount causes naseua and aches in the lower stomach--no pains in the upper sternum portion (that is usually assoc. with heartburn). Once the immense feelings of overeating begin, I usually have to go to the bathroom shortly after (normal bowel movements here--no blood,discoloration of stool). Once these episodes have passed, my stomach feels as if it has been bruised on the inside. Because it happens as soon as a small meal has been consumed, I'm pretty sure it's a reaction to the eating. I do have a sensitive stomach and emotions--and the tension/stress is at a pretty high level, but I have never experienced such a sudden reaction to food. Any directive advice? I appreciate the time and attention.
    MiK=meek Posts: 16, Reputation: -3
    -

Jul 5, 2008, 11:07 PM
    Hi I'm MiK and it sound like meek ma'am didn't read all what you said but from my understanding it sound like constipation what I advice you to do is get your colon clean you know find ways to clean your bowels so you may remove your waste and if still have problem reply to this
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 5, 2008, 11:11 PM
    It's time to talk to your doctor about this. It could be the medications, side effects, or just a normal reaction. It's important that the doctor hears about these symptoms and adjusts your meds or finds out why this is happening.

Keep us posted and good luck.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2008, 12:19 AM
    Effexor is an SNRI, wellbutrin is an dopamine reuptake inhibitor, and neurontin's a gabapentin.

All three have nauseating side effects, while effexor is known for causing GI issues. It's rare, but it does happen. Are you taking any other medications such as MAOIs?

As you know, depression medications are known for causing GI issues (MAOIs are notorious for these) and also suppressing hunger. I would speak with your doctor, and possibly have him lower the dosage if possible, as you are taking a full cocktail of meds here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown discharge and stomach ache [ 2 Answers ]

I have had stomach ache for about 3 weeks now, very low in my pelvis. I am on the pill and have experienced a brown- pink discharge. I am very worried, as I am feeling sick and very lathargic. I use the pill as a form of contraception, and last month I continued to take my pill through so I would...

Can tooth abscess cause stomach ache or pain [ 2 Answers ]

I have an abscess tooth with draining out of my inside gum into my mouth. After having the abscess, with very little pain so I did not know it was an abscess, I started to get a stomach ache especially at night. I am going to the dentist Tuesday for a root cannel fix and re application. Does...

Stomach ache [ 4 Answers ]

I have a horible stomach ache right now and am really gassy :p and I was wondering if there's anythinbg that helps. Thanks!

Stomach ache [ 2 Answers ]

I have had pelvic pain for about a week with a late period. I am not sexualy active so there for there is not possibilities of being pregnant! What is wrong with me?

View more questions Search