Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angel0772001 Posts: 233, Reputation: 7

Jul 5, 2008, 08:27 PM
    I just don't understand
    Ok its been almost 9 years since my grandpa passed away. I can't get over it. Or at least move on. I did everything with my grandpa. I took my first steps to him. I look like him. I act exactly like him. I even eat the same foods that he ate because we like the same things. But when I think about my grandpa I burst out in tears. He died July 11th the day after my birthday. I miss him so much and I don't know what to do. Why doesn't this get easier? Why does it just get harder and harder for me? What can I do to make this go a little smoother around this time of year?:(
    sweet jane Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Jul 5, 2008, 09:02 PM
    Everyone deals with grief differently. My mother died 8 years ago... and while I don't cry about it daily, whenever special days come, I can often be found crying or just down in general. It is only natural. You were very close to him and shared your entire world with him... so, now that he is gone, a huge part of you is missing. I would simply say that your grandpa wouldn't want you to weep over him... wouldn't want you to be sad all the time. Think about the goals you made for yourself, the things you told him that you wanted to be and do... think about what would make him proud of you... then go out and do it... in honor of him. That is really all you can do. Honor his memory by being exactly the person he believed you to be... and the person you are. There is no shame in crying or in feeling sad. Just make sure to focus on the happy and the future and how you plan to live your life so it best reflects the person that he knew you to be. I wish you well!
    SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

Jul 6, 2008, 09:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by angel0772001
    Ok its been almost 9 years since my grandpa passed away. I can't get over it. Or atleast move on. I did everything with my grandpa. I took my first steps to him. I look like him. I act exactly like him. I even eat the same foods that he ate because we like the same things. But when i think about my grandpa i burst out in tears. He died July 11th the day after my birthday. I miss him so much and i dont know what to do. Why doesnt this get easier? Why does it just get harder and harder for me? What can i do to make this go a little smoother around this time of year?:(
    I am truly sorry that you are having a hard time with your grandpa's passing. I know it is very difficult for you as you have stated that to us. When a loved one passes it is oftimes very hard for the surviving relatives to accept the fact that they are gone. Each person grieves in different ways and for different times. Please know that only the physical body is gone. Your grandpa lives on in his magnificent Spiritual Body. He is still with you and it is painful for spirit to see their loved ones greiving so much for them as what has changed is only their vibration to where we cannot see them as before and thus, we feel they are gone. But again, they are not. Please find comfort in knowing that and May God Bless You always. Prayers for your grandpa can be very comforting for both him and you. God hears all prayers and praying for someone can bring added Strength to you.

You may wish to visit the following excellent websites for additional information.

Hope for the Bereaved, Syracuse, NY - Welcome

After-Death Communication - Prayer Wave
    angel0772001 Posts: 233, Reputation: 7

Jul 6, 2008, 12:48 PM
    Thank you I know that he is still here spiritually but its hard to not be able to hold him and touch him and go fishing and all of the other stuff that we used to do

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't understand [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I've been trying to get pregnant for about 6 months now. I stop taken birth control on December 20. My last period was April 11 and then on may a little spotting last about less then a hour. June no period. Ive been taken tests and all negative. I know I need to see the doctor but I'm scared...

I don't understand, at all. [ 4 Answers ]

How come, my ex can move on with another girl, be quote "in love" and yet, I can't find a guy I want to spend my time with. It was so easy for him. He went on a few dates, found a girl. Me.. I've been on LOTS of dates, and none of these guys are meeting my standards. I think I set them too...

I just don't understand. [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been trying to get pregnant for about 3 months and I haven't and I don't understand why. I took two different birth controls in the past, the first was the depo provera shot and then the nuva ring, I stopped the depo about 2 years ago and then stopped the nuva ring about 3...

I don't understand what is it they want me to do [ 1 Answers ]

Bella Company purchased merchandise on account, $3,000, with terms 2/10, n/30. The entry required of Bella Company to record the transaction in the cash payments journal, assuming payment is made within the discount period, is

I don't understand [ 3 Answers ]

About 8 months ago I met someone that I became very interested in. This person also showed interest,I met him at my church. He is on a church mission right now in my town ,he can not date or get involved right now. He will be done with his mission in about 10 more months and he told me he hopes I...

View more questions Search