Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newpriest Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2008, 08:04 PM
    Remote works, light works, fan humms does not turn
    Hello,

I have a Hamton Bay fan with a remote/no pull chain. The light on the remote comes on and does properly operate the light on the fan. It also turns on and off a humming noise but there is no movement from the fan itself. Of course, the house did not come with an owners manual. Is there some kind of chain or belt that needs to be replaced or is it another problem. Thanks for the help.

newpriest
    rsain2004 Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Jul 5, 2008, 08:09 PM
    Perhaps the starting capacitor has failed... It seems the remote is turning things on, the fan motor makes noise, but it won't start... good luck...
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2008, 12:54 PM
    It does sound like a bad capacitor, if the fan has no pullchains you will usually need to replace the entire receiver. Contact Hampton Bay.

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Ceiling Fan - light works - no fan [ 2 Answers ]

After about 4 months of use, this began to happen. I would try to turn on the fan (either Low Med or High) and the fan would barely turn. Sometimes it would work - this lasted for about 5 days. Since then, if you try to turn on the fan, you get no response. Now, the light will still turn on...

Remote control does not work light but works fan [ 2 Answers ]

I have a remote control hampton bay fan. The remote control operates the fan but not the light. Will not turn the light on or off or dim it. Any suggestions?

Remote works for fan, not light [ 4 Answers ]

I just installed a Hampton Bay Caswyck ceiling fan. The remote works fine on the fan, changes speeds, on and off. The remote will not turn the lights, top or bottom, on. I've checked the wiring, everything is tight. What do I do now?

Hampton Bay Fan w/ Remote: Light Works, Fan Doesn't [ 4 Answers ]

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but I couldn't find what I was looking for. I just installed a Hampton Bay Andover fan w/ remote (no pull chains) but the fan won't start. The light fixture works fine (using the wall switch remote) but I can't get the fan going. I tried the reverse...

Hampton bay fan remote works the speed not light [ 3 Answers ]

I installed this fan OK... it was fine for 2.5 years now the remote only works the fan speed. It does not work the lights. I removed the fan and checked connections which are good.Luckily the fans lights are in the on position and POWER is through a wall switch,that controls the lights. But I wish...

View more questions Search