Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheridjohnson Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2008, 11:06 AM
    Murrary 30545X92A Does not start
    Last weekend I was mowing the lawn everything going perfect then I got into deeper grass and the mower died. I disengaged the mower blade, put it in nutural and tried to start it. NOTHING!! No lights, no click sound nothing. I pushed it back into the garage located a fuse which was fine the casing cracked but not broken replaced it anyway but still nothing. Any suggestions where I should start. Headlights don't even come on
    Thank you in advance for your assistance. :)

Jul 5, 2008, 11:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sheridjohnson
    Last weekend I was mowing the lawn everything going perfect then I got into deeper grass and the mower died. I disengaged the mower blade, put it in nutural and tried to start it. NOTHING!!!! No lights, no click sound nothing. I pushed it back into the garage located a fuse which was fine the casing cracked but not broken replaced it anyway but still nothing. Any suggestions where I should start. Headlights don't even come on
    Thank you in advance for your assistance. :)
    I am so sorry I just realized this was posted in wrong place. Don't know if or how to move it into correct category
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2008, 07:59 PM
    Hmm, check all the battery cable connections first.
    VWGURU Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2008, 08:22 PM
    I had this problem check the conections on the ignition switch vibration causes them to come loose sometimes

Jul 20, 2008, 05:43 AM
    Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. I have checked all the connections, from the headlight (which is now working) all the way to the starter everything seems to be tight and intact even changed out the fuse just in case still nothing :-( could the selonoid be bad? I cleaned with a tooth brush dirt, oil and stuff off it but again nothing. My thoughts are though that it HAS to be in the wiring because it was working great (mowed front yard perfectly start and restarted several time with no hitch) prior to stalling in the tall grass. I am stumped and can't afford to take it to the shop I am sure that will be an expensive venture. Any help you can provide will be gratefully appreciated. O I have an old craftsman rider can I salvage the selinoid from it to put on the murrary. I have heard their parts are interchangeable. True or not?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2008, 06:08 AM
    If there are the same number of connections on the craftsman solenoid as there are on the murray one, then you should be able to get it to work.
    claybal Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2008, 06:02 PM
    Bad ground, should be under the right rear fender, or bad battery under load. You may have relays to check as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Murray won't start [ 1 Answers ]

My solenoid shelled on my murray rider so I replaced it. I have a new battery but when I try to start it, it has a click at the solenoid. The power gets to the lights, but nothing to the engine. What can I do to get the engine to turn over?

Old Murray rider won't start [ 1 Answers ]

My old Murray rider (mfg. date 0092) will not start. Battery is good. It turns over intermittently. Some times, it turns over strong and continuous. Other times, won't turn over at all. When it turns over good and won't start, positive battery cable gets very hot. Don't know if my problem is:...

Murray rider won't start [ 3 Answers ]

Have a 2001 Murray, with a 12hp B&S last year we were mowing and shut it off to get a cold drink when we came back out it would not start, Battery is fully charged yet it does not crank I feel it could be one of three things but could use some advise. The starter safety switch on the seat , the...

Murray 5.0 won't start [ 2 Answers ]

My Murray 5.0 push lawnmower won't start. It briefly started and when I started to mow, it cut off. This happened a couple of months ago so I checked the air filter and basically knocked all the dirt out and it started like it was brand new. Now it's won't start again. I knocked the dirt out of...

View more questions Search