Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shorty253 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2008, 07:58 PM
    Nuvaring
    Hi I have a question! Ok beginning in June I started the nuvaring and of course its 3 weeks in and 1 week out well my doc told me to wait 4 weeks before unprotected sex with my fiancé well we only waited 2 weeks but we decided we want a baby now! Then I took it out for my week off then when it was time for it to go back in I put it in and 2 minutes after putting it back in we had unprotected sex again and on Friday we decided we wanted a baby so I took it out for good could I possibly of got pregnant already and if not how long will it take being I only had it in a month and a half? Please answer

Jul 5, 2008, 11:42 PM
    Desperate for answers
    Hi I have a question! I posted this earlier today but I'm doing it from my cell phone so I don't know if it posted so I'm trying again! Ok beginning in June I started the nuvaring and of course its 3 weeks in and 1 week out well my doc told me to wait 4 weeks before unprotected sex with my fiancé well we only waited 2 weeks but we decided we want a baby now! Then I took it out for my week off then when it was time for it to go back in I put it in and 2 minutes after putting it back in we had unprotected sex again and on Friday we decided we wanted a baby so I took it out for good could I possibly of got pregnant already and if not how long will it take being I only had it in a month and a half? Please answer
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 5, 2008, 11:46 PM
    >Threads Merged<
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2008, 12:07 AM
    Well. I'm wondering why you guys didn't talk about the baby thing before going on the nuva ring... because this on and off cycle will really put a huge imbalance on your hormones. No one can say whether you are pregnant, but pregnancy IS possible even with the use of a nuva ring. Only way to know is to wait for your next cycle and take a home pregnancy test.

For regular, healthy, couples, it can take anywhere from 6 months to a year before getting pregnant, and for women who have been on birth control for a while, it can take up to 2 years before getting pregnant. Again, because your situation's a bit different, it's very hard to say.

Jul 6, 2008, 12:46 AM
    I wasn't on and off! You have to be on it 3 weeks and off 1 week for your period! Then after that week you put it back in which I did then 2 weeks into my second month is when we decided we wanted to have a baby so I took it out before my 3rd week! And I really haven't been on birth control all that long maybe 3 months all together but at first I was on the pill about 3 months ago and I stopped taking it after my first cycle I didn't like it then I waited then did the nuvaring this past month! If that makes a difference?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2008, 08:33 AM
    By on and off, I meant that you got back on for the second cycle and then got off.

As I said, your circumstances are relatively unique, and there's no way that someone can tell you whether you're pregnant or what your chances are.
    Sarah48375 Posts: 85, Reputation: 13

Jul 6, 2008, 09:19 AM
    I'm on the ring, and according to the Nuvaring website

How do I stop using NuvaRing® if I want to get pregnant?
    Simply stop -- your fertility should return in a short period. Results of a clinical study conducted by Organon would indicate that return to normal ovulation typically occurs within 13 to 28 days following removal of the ring.

If the ring is out for more than three hours it is less effective.

For more info NuvaRing®: once a month birth control, effective contraception for women

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nuvaring Users? [ 3 Answers ]

Just wondering if anyone else has had missed periods with using Nuvaring? I've been using it for about a year. My period this month was a couple days late and very light, never needed to use a tampon. Is this common? Or should I be buying a pregnancy test?

Nuvaring slipping out [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been on Nuvaring for over a year. Just recently I have noticed that it seems to slip out a little bit during the night. Not out all the way, but to the point where I can feel it just past my vagina. Should I be worried about this? Is it decreasing the effectiveness of the birth control?...

NuvaRing worth a try? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been on several different birth control pills over the course of the last 3 years. Many of which made me bleed irregularly. (1) TriNessa {the generic for Ortho Tri-Cyclen®} made me totally irregular (2) MonoNessa {Therapeutically equivalent to Ortho-Cyclen®} was better but I got my...

Nuvaring & getting pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

I have been on th nuvaring for 3 months and am getting married in 3 weeks. We would like to start trying to get pregnant immeadeatly. I was wondering how long it would take after taking the nuva ring out before I could get pregnant.

View more questions Search