Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dcraigb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2008, 06:15 PM
    Credit card default
    Many years ago I was diagnoised with hiv. Well to make a long story short I ran all of my credit cards up to about 30,000. Now I am living healthy and not expected to die but I can not make the payments on any of these cards. I am in big trouble. My biggest fear is that they will take my car and my wages. Is there anything that I can do. What will happen if I walk away from this. Is this the start of my biggest nightmare ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 5, 2008, 06:40 PM
    Sounds like bankrutpcy time to me? Or at least time to talk to a bankruptcy attorney I would say most likely most of us , if we though we were going to die, may do the same.
    TheCleaner Posts: 152, Reputation: 3

Jul 9, 2008, 01:41 PM
    It deppends on how long ago he made the last payments, if those debts are out of SOL to file bankruptcy now would be foolish.

Carl.-

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Default Judgement/Credit Card [ 2 Answers ]

I had a Default Judgement placed against me, what can I do? And what does it mean? I had a credit card that was charged off in May 2001, I received a letter from one of these companies, that bought my account, in January. After doing some research, I found out that the Statute of Limitations, in...

Credit Card Default [ 4 Answers ]

I defaulted on a credit card 6 years ago for $2000. They have filed a suit in court. I would like to settle but before they will talk about it, they want all of my financial information. Should I give it to them before court?

Credit card default. [ 1 Answers ]

If I default on a credit card what is going to happen? Can they make me pay back the debt?

Credit card default [ 1 Answers ]

I have been contacted by a law firm/collection agency which states I owe a credit card company 26K for unpaid credit card payments. The person who committed fraud against me for this amount has moved to another state, although he did sign a Letter of Financial Responsibility from the credit card...

Credit card default timeline [ 1 Answers ]

If I'm forced to default on my credit card how long before I am turned over to a collection agency and then sued? I would like to know how much breathing space I will have to gather money to get back on my feet and for the lawsuit.

View more questions Search