Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    simonek Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Jul 5, 2008, 11:55 AM
    Custom Made Skin Lightening cream
    I use this skin lightening cream that is custom blended by this lady who owns a skincare salon here in Newyork. Now I use her product and it is very expensive for just a small amount, but it seems like it's the only product that works for me. I'll go and say to myself I can't afford this crap but it works wonders it makes me really light with bright yellow/white tones to my skin but I can't afford it so then I'll go and buy something else and use that product instead of her product and then that product can be a skin bleaching productand it won't do any thing but darken my skin not lighten it up like her stuff does so then I started looking at her ingredient which are mulberry extract, mixed fruit extracts,kojic acid,vit c and whitening extract. And when I asked her what are the whitening extract she says it african whitening extracts but won't go into specifics when asked what kind of extract so the bottom line is I'm tired of spending my money on her product but every other lightening or bleaching cream I buy from the store does nothing but darken my skin Ive tried F&w ,bioclair lotion,african queen,godiva liqorice lotion,makari but nothing works like her stuff what's up with that? Any suggestion for what I can use that is similar to her ingredients
    pigmented Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2008, 01:04 PM
    There are many websites out there where you can buy the same actives and make the cream yourself... or go to a compounding chemist to do it
    RedDiamond Posts: 359, Reputation: 9

Jul 5, 2008, 04:19 PM
    How much where u paying ? I would love to be that color light bright yellow. Does she have a phone number or website. Please you can pm me or reply to this forum. Thanks in advance.

Jul 5, 2008, 07:30 PM
    You are going to think Im crazy but I paid $200 for 20z for the face and I paid $650 for 8 oz for the body
    RedDiamond Posts: 359, Reputation: 9

Jul 5, 2008, 10:39 PM
    Damn why she charge so high? Girl u must be high rolling. But if it works and you have the money why not! How long it took to get high yellow and what wE your before color like? Shucks I'd ask her for a discount do you know her number or website?
    Vicky_D Posts: 254, Reputation: 19

Jul 6, 2008, 06:56 AM
    Just buy those ingredients (up until the secret ingredient that she won't tell you about) individually and blend them together, I say.
    mj2006 Posts: 86, Reputation: 4

Jul 6, 2008, 07:22 AM
    Those ingredients listed wouldn't do much... specially the mulberry extract. I used mela white by de-age(asian product) and used that for quite some time, and nothing happened... all I got was clear skin... no lightening whatsoever... and all their whitening creams were mulberry based...

I say if you want to try something... maybe take bearberry tablets... bearberry is arbutin basically... but instead of applying the cream which percentage probably wouldn't be that much... atleast in the capsules... you would get the right dose not to mention it would be working from the inside out... being the successful tyrosinase inhibitor, therefor, preventing melanin production and you becoming lighter :)

Jul 6, 2008, 01:04 PM
    I'm pretty sure the main ingredient that does the trick has got to be that whitening extract and as far as discounts go she is so greedy she won't even give you no tax on her items once I had a facial,a skin peel and I bought a 1oz cream in one spa visit and the amount came up to about 4 hundred dollars and I asked for no tax or a discount and she said she can't do that because she has to pay taxes too I honestly don't like how she does business but I need her products that's why a lot of times I try to use other products but they don't seem to work for me like her products do and I honestly feel trapped
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Jul 6, 2008, 01:12 PM
    simonek,

I would say that she is including something else that is giving you the results, especially as she is mixing it herself.

In London there was a lady also doing something similar from a shop and Trading Standards did a raid and found products that had HQ and steroids and people had been travelling from all over London, just like you, and asking to have products custom made. So be a bit wary. This lady in New York is hardly likely to tell you that she is using something like HQ, steroid based etc... especially as some of these products are so cheap but can be very effective in the short term.
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Jul 6, 2008, 01:17 PM
    Also bear in mind that products like I mentioned above will require continued use, which is probably why you are finding that once you stop using it, you are darkening and nothing else seems to give you comparable results.

It is so sad that this woman is preying on people's desire for a lighter complexion and charging extortionate prices .
    skintone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2012, 09:54 AM
    Hello,

Can you please give me the contact details and address for this dermatologist in New York.

Many thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Skin lightening cream? [ 6 Answers ]

You said that if I use skin lightening for 3 months the effect will be permanent. My question is what type of skin lightening cream is that. I need a name.

Gluta-c skin lightening cream [ 16 Answers ]

Has anyone used Gluta-c skin lightening cream and if so what were the results?

Has anyone tried the new Gluta-C Skin Lightening Cream? [ 11 Answers ]

Just curious. :p It's expensive! G L U T A - C™ | For a Healthier and Fairer you....

Skin lightening cream [ 1 Answers ]

Hi brownsugar,, just would like to know the name of those creams that contain 4-5% of hydroquinone,, if you know of any other creams let us know because I know skin lightening is becoming a kind of craze ere,, in pakistan.u mix fair and lovely,stillmans,arche and 2 capsules of vitamin e,, this is...

Skin lightening cream [ 1 Answers ]

I am brown skin and suffer from dark blemishes due to breakout of spots. Is there any cream that actually works (hydroquione free) to lighten the dark marks left from spots.

View more questions Search