Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    witsend23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2008, 10:05 AM
    Leveling the ground with mulch for above ground pool
    I was wondering if I could use mulch to level the ground for my above ground pool.
    I was told not to use sand, and I have a hard time digging.
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Jul 5, 2008, 11:36 AM
    The mulch will decompose, leading to bad odors around the pool, or animals like mice could dig in and chew on your liner. You could use gravel, with sand or dirt spread over it to smooth it out.
    alieninohio Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2010, 04:57 PM
    I have a pool that's up but my poles are sinking on one side I need someone to come out and level the ground for me. How do I go about finding someone to do this
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 08:07 PM

Alien, start another post on your own please. Wildandblue, absolutely not. You must remove sod and level the ground, then you can use some sand to make it perfectly level but not so much sand that you are using it to grade the site. Above Ground Swimming Pool Installation Guide

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leveling ground [ 2 Answers ]

What is the easiest way to level a 8'x20' area so I can place a storage shed there??

Leveling the ground for a shed [ 2 Answers ]

I know this is stupid but I really don't know. How do you level the ground for a 12X20 shed?

Ground cover that won't grow over mulch [ 3 Answers ]

I'm kind of new at flower gardening. I'd like to plant a strip of ground cover on each side of my sidewalk coming up to my front door, but I want to be sure I plant something that won't grow over my mulch or over the sidewalk. Considering what else I have already planted, I'm thinking something...

Leveling ground for an above ground pool [ 2 Answers ]

I spoke to a pool company and they said that when installing an above ground pool you should "dish" the ground in the middle. This meaning that you make the ground in the middle of the pool 3 to 12 inches deeper than the rest of the ground. Everyone else that I have spoken to has said to level the...

Ground Leveling [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone! How can I level my house surroundings? There are a fairly log distances between several ground points. Thanks for any reply in advance. Someone from the beautiful Island of Kos in the Aegean Sea (Greece).

View more questions Search