Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JRinBellingham Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2008, 10:22 PM
    Recently moved without insurance, more recent onset of serious illness
    Hi,

I recently moved from Washington state, where I was fully insured, to Arizona, where I have yet to get insurance. I moved in February, and it is now July, and with the job market, finding work is difficult. Recently I have been displaying a number of very serious symptoms, and need diagnostic work done. If there is something seriously wrong with me, is there any way to receive treatment without going bankrupt? I can't get any diagnostic work done without insurance, but due to the move, I have none. I need help fast, because the symptoms are getting worse. What do I do?

JR
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 4, 2008, 10:27 PM
    I would suggest finding the closest free clinic to you... they provide low-cost and sometimes free services. Running tests usually costs, but nearly as much as a hospital. Also look into individual insurances. There are millions out there!
    skunkman44 Posts: 76, Reputation: 5

Aug 9, 2008, 08:42 PM
    Here is what happened to me. I had really good coverage for 20 years before I moved to Florida and I shut down my business to move there for family reasons. It was a year before I got coverage back up. Months later they told me I had terminal cancer. It was 1 month before they canceled me. To survive I had to dump every thing I saved and invested all my life. Because only MediCare/MediAid will not cover you if you have a dime.I lost it all. They said my treatment cost more than a million. I beat the odds and lived.

Here is the point. If you interrupted your coverage like I did your screwed. BUT just get problem fixed. If they can fix you up you can deal with them later like I am now. If they can't fix you let them dig you up and go through your pockets. But make sure you cover your family's butt . If you have a wife divorce her. If she is a good woman she will understand. Just survive!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 9, 2008, 08:47 PM
    If you have to get treatment get it.
    skunkman44 Posts: 76, Reputation: 5

Aug 9, 2008, 09:07 PM
    Here is what happened to me. I had really good coverage for 20 years before I moved to Florida and I shut down my business to move there for family reasons. It was a year before I got coverage back up. Months later they told me I had terminal cancer. It was 1 month before they canceled me. To survive I had to dump every thing I saved and invested all my life. Because only MediCare/MediAid will not cover you if you have a dime.I lost it all. They said my treatment cost more than a million. I beat the odds and lived.

Here is the point. If you interrupted your coverage like I did your screwed. BUT just get problem fixed. If they can fix you up you can deal with them later like I am now. If they can't fix you let them dig you up and go through your pockets. But make sure you cover your family's butt . If you have a wife divorce her. If she is a good woman she will understand. Just survive!

If its as bad as you think try the city owned hospitals in you area. The hospital I worked at for most of my life wrote off 7 million a year with people that just walked in the door when they had no choice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to stop the onset of neck wrinkling [ 1 Answers ]

Pretty lady, I am seeing a lot of stars with great faces but the necks are kind of funny, how to stop or delay that from happening, and there is always that skin connect the neck to the face , usually I see it pulled between the face and the neck not pretty , but every one basically over 35 have...

Recent deceased person - search for life insurance [ 3 Answers ]

This person, Herb, recently died and there are numerous insurance policies in the desk drawers. I have no idea if the are still active, or at some time may have been cancelled. I have no idea where to began searching, calling etc. Any suggestions? Debbie

My dad recently died and I want to find out my rights as to his life insurance policy [ 3 Answers ]

My father recently passed and I want to find out if I have any benefits how do I find this out

Mental illness vs physical illness [ 6 Answers ]

I need advise on what to do about my older sister. She is 57 years old and has spent most of her adult life in and out of hospitals. Although she does have some real medical problems she constantly complains about her health. She is fairly dependent on pain medications although she denies...

View more questions Search