Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sherri brown Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2008, 08:06 PM
    Do I need a business license
    Do I need a business license for a home based business?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2008, 09:09 PM
    Yes.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jul 4, 2008, 09:59 PM
    Some localities do not depending on revenue amounts and other issues. Additionally, the types of businesses allowed in a home could depend on zoning and a waiver be needed. The only way to be certain of the local ordinances, permits, and taxes impacting your business and startup is to contact your local town, city, county, province, etc.'s business department and ask.

In any case, your competitors will ensure the appropriate business and tax authorities are aware of your presence and will come knocking soon enough should you be lacking a required permit or license.
    rjsnyder114 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2008, 10:05 PM
    It really depends on what Home based Business you have. Elaborate and I can give you a more detailed answer. I am a business owner in IL, I currently have two corporations. I own four businesses.

If you have a business that is solely deticated to internet sales or trade of any kind you do not necessarily need a state business license however you will need to claim your earnings as income. Again elaborate and I will try to help.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2008, 05:02 AM
    I do agree with the answers in posts #'s 3 and 4 above. Please let us know what the home-based business it is that you are wanting to operate and where it will be operated.

Thanks!
    iby toby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2008, 12:29 PM
    Domiciliary care to individuals from 18 years upwards, i.e. home care service agency.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 29, 2008, 12:59 PM
    Yes, and beyond a business license, if you are going to be reciving funds from state or federal programs, you will have to have often certifications with those agencies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Business License In The UK? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, My girlfriend and I are looking at starting up a web site to sell comic books, manga and anime. The plan is to start with a web site and hopefully one day expand into owning a store of our own. I've just been looking over some wholesalers and a lot of them want... Now we...

Business License [ 3 Answers ]

If a person is conducting business without a business license or filing taxes on the proceeds, and has charged an outrageous charge to do auto work, how do you report the fraud?

Business license [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I want to start my own business on clothing & accessories what do I need because I got some information on line but it was kind of confusing it had a lot of options to purchase this and that can anybody with business experience help me I want to start at my home and later get my own place...

How can I get my business license [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I need to apply my business license for my new corporation? Is everyone know how to get it by myself? Thanks!:confused:

Business License [ 1 Answers ]

How do I obtain a license for a cleaning business?

View more questions Search