Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hosuklover Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2008, 01:28 PM
    Hey... the website that you posted there it's the same as mine...
    I was stuck from "removal of the brass collar".
    But my question is why am I removing all these things in the first place?
    What do I have to look for @ this point?
    If the O-rings insde are worn? Or to replace the whole cartridge?

Thanks http://www.hammerzone.com/archives/p...ot/pbtfa10.jpg
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2008, 02:27 PM
    Hi Hosulover,

If you follow the instructions on the link which EvNeed help has posted will show how the seals gets worn and need to replaced, the worse case will be to replace the housing, good Luck.

John
    hosuklover Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2008, 02:55 PM
    Alrighty..
    We just took the plates out and we found leaking at the back of the tube.. or something.. :
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2008, 02:57 PM
    Good luck, please let us know what exactly you found, Thanks.

John
    zopiboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2010, 04:04 PM
    I have a shower that has a single handle that you pull to turn on, and move left for cold water, and right for hot water. Somehow the person cleaning the tub, tile, and fixtures managed to move the handle which was facing down before, by jumping the two prongs that control how much you turn the handle to the upward position. I looked at the one handle fixure, and it has a hole. It is not for a screw, I'm not sure of its function. I wonder if I attempt to push on it will the two prongs withdraw? I don't really know, that is why I am asking you how I can place the handle back to its lower position like it was before. Tjm
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2010, 11:59 PM

Pleas tell us the brand and the model number of your faucet or post a picture will help, Thanks.

John
    dexter79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2010, 02:31 PM
    I have a delta monitor 1400 series I have removed the hex nut and I still can't remove the handle I have done what you said earlier to push and pull and it will eventually loosen it, I have had no success. Is there something I am forgetting to remove aside the hex nut I am holding in my hand??
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2010, 03:44 PM

Open the link below and will tell you step by step and also see the image, Thank.

John

Replacing Seals In A Delta Rotary Bath Faucet To Fix Leak
    Attached Images

Wayne_LN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2011, 12:15 PM
    Can someone tell me what "size allen set-screw" this handle originally came with? The handle was getting loose so I tried every allen wrench I have and none of them seems to fit. It is too dark to even see if the screw has been lost. If you can tell me the standard (allen wrench) set-srew allen size for the handle then I can try that size and determine if I need to order a new handle or ? Thanks

Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2011, 12:29 PM

The best option will be to Call Delta at 800-345-3358 and explain your problem they will tell the size of the allen wrench and will send you a new handle no cost to you, Good luck.

John
    maycarpenter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2011, 06:11 AM
    Comment on EvNeedsHelp's post
    Had the same issue. What worked was the screwdriver that looks like a star at the end.
    chapster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2011, 09:50 AM
    I'm having the same problem. I removed the set screw from my Zurn Tempgard III handle, but cannot remove the handle. Put some white vinager on it. No luck. Tried 20wt machine oil, nada. Put PB Blaster and still nothing. Have put a small flat pry bar between the handle and escutcheon and tried to loosen it. Am afraid I'll break the handle. Of course, no customer service on the weekends. Steve
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jun 11, 2011, 10:25 AM

Did you remove the set screw from the handle completely? Most of the time you only need to loosen it but every once and a while you find a design where the screw has to be completely removed.
    NedLudd Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2012, 11:16 AM
    A torx screw, maybe?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 20, 2012, 02:35 PM
    Hi Ned and Welcome to The Plumbing Page. At AskMeHelpDesk.com. You're responding to a 4 year old dead thread. Look in then upper left hand corner of the first post for the date in the first post before you post, Thanks, Tom
    11952 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2012, 03:57 AM
    Is the above picture a 600 model if so where can I get parts for the interal stops
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 25, 2012, 06:33 AM
    As posted The best option will be to Call Delta at 800-345-3358 and explain your problem Good luck, Tom
    lousymonkey Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2013, 10:53 AM
    Hi there,
    Again, same problem here : can't remove the screw (part #2) so I just sprayed some "wd-40" like (jig-a-loo). Will now re-try but I am afraid the screw pattern is dead now.
    Does anyone would have suggestions in the case I can't get any grip on the screw? Should I use a drill to make a hole in it?
    Problem would be that I won't be able to attach the handle again, I guess...

Any help will be greatly appreciated! :-)

Thank you.

Confirming I can't remove the screw... :-((
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 15, 2013, 01:03 PM
    This is a Allen Head screw and not a slotted screw. Correct? Back to you, Tom
    Attached Images

lousymonkey Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2013, 08:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1 View Post
    This is a Allen Head screw and not a slotted screw. correct? Back to you, Tom
    Yes it is a Allen screw head. I used both imperial and metric Allen wrenches and I think I have worn it... :-(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weak Hot Water Pressure with Kohler Single Handle Shower Valve [ 3 Answers ]

So I have a single handle shower made by Kohler that is only 2 years old. I have regular water pressure from the tub faucet but the shower when turned up hot has a diminished flow. When you turn the sink or flush the toilet in the same bathroom the pressure is actually much better. I adjusted the...

No hot water from Moen Single handle shower valve [ 2 Answers ]

I am getting no hot water from my Moen single handle shower valve. I have plenty of pressure from cold water side. I removed the main handle to expose the valve. The hot water pipe has a small valve with a common head valve stem which I turned, hoping to unblock the valve, but this had no...

Removing handle from a Moen single-handle shower [ 5 Answers ]

The shower is dripping and I am trying to get to the stem by removing the handle. I can see a set screw recessed into the bottom of the handle. I have tried an allen wrench but bent it without any success.

Delta shower valve drip even after new ball and seats [ 3 Answers ]

My delta shower single handle faucet has for quite sometime dripped when turned off--The valve is about 20 yrs old. I installed a new kit about 3 years ago due to a small drip (ball, seals and springs). Once the valve internals were replaced with a new ball, rubber seals and springs, and top...

Where to Buy Delta Shower Handle? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been looking EVERYWHERE to buy this Delta Shower Handle ONLY. The previous owners must have taken the handle before they left, and I do not have the handle for the showers at my Condo. :eek: Someone please help me locate a place to buy the handle (#1 and #2 in the attached picture) at an...

View more questions Search