Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thatguy2007 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2008, 04:36 PM
    Does my girlfriend just have no sex drive at all?
    Hoping I can get some advice, I've been dating my girlfriend for almost a year now, and every other aspect of our relationship is dead on, we click almost on every level. That being said, there is one aspect of our relationship we don't have, a sex life. We have no intimacy at all beyond kissing and cuddling. We are both in our 20's, and she herself is still a virgin. I have been talking to her about this, though I haven't been pressuring her, but I can only wait so long before I know I myself am not going to care anymore and that will be the end of us, but I don't want that. When we talk about having sex, she doesn't seem to know the reason as to why she doesn't want it herself. I am not sure if its just her being a virgin she's scared, or if there simply is no sex drive (limbido) there. A few times when we have been making out I've tried to innocently see if I could advance a little, and all that happens is she moves my hands away and says no. I've been sitting on the side lines for almost a year now hoping she'd get more comfortable and curious and want to engage in sex, but that doesn't seem to be working, is there anything I can do to help our relationship develop a healthy sex life?:confused:
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 4, 2008, 06:15 PM
    How old are you both, and obviously you don't live together, so why should she give in to you if the relationship is so perfect? Admit it, your only in it for the sex. If you cared, you would respect her virginity, and be a man about it. Save this female your false love, and get someone who will give you what you want. It sure ain't love.
    is there anything I can do to help our relationship develop a healthy sex life?:confused:
    She isn't ready, so no!
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2008, 06:28 PM
    Seems like a walk down the aisle will do the trick!
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2008, 09:07 PM
    She doesn't want to have sex right now, have you asked her if she is saving herself for marriage?

Jul 4, 2008, 09:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by charlotte234s
    She doesn't want to have sex right now, have you asked her if she is saving herself for marriage?
    She has told me she is not, she doesn't want to wait until marriage. Probably should have said that in my original post.
    PrincessChu-chi1312 Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Jul 4, 2008, 09:30 PM
    I think you should just give her time. Sooner or later shell be curiuse to have sex.
    usmcphantom0186 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2008, 09:26 AM
    Some girls just don't want to maybe there is a reason behind it maybe she was raped! And is scared
    Expert

Jul 5, 2008, 10:25 AM
    but I can only wait so long before I know I myself am not going to care anymore and that will be the end of us, but I don't want that.
    Maybe she thinks that's all you want, and once you get it your going to leave any way. After reading the above, maybe you should just move on, and spare her your selfish, non-respecting ways, in the first place.

A girl does want the first time to be special, with someone special.

You never did answer the age question.

Jul 5, 2008, 11:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Maybe she thinks thats all you want, and once you get it your going to leave any way. After reading the above, maybe you should just move on, and spare her your selfish, non-respecting ways, in the first place.

A girl does want the first time to be special, with someone special.

You never did answer the age question.
    I just don't understand when men ask advice about wanting more from a relationship, we are deemed pigs, though I am sure if I was female you wouldn't be so quick to call me scum of the earth. I listed in my first post, we are both in our twenties if it makes any difference our exact age, I am 25 and she's 23.
    Expert

Jul 5, 2008, 11:32 AM
    Do you live together, or apart?? Parents or room mates??

Pig is your word, not mine. And yes, info is needed for a better picture. Specific info. Its quite possible she doesn't see this as a long term relationship, or you as a long term partner. Don't be so sensitive, as I clearly stated what made me think your selfish, and if I'm wrong you have my apologies. Doesn't matter male or female, I just give my honest opinion for you to think about, or discard.
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2008, 12:04 PM
    She's too old to be maintaining her virginity. She runs the *risk* of being a sexually dysfunctional or whatever.

Get her an expensive gift and take her on a great weekend getaway. A place where you can go hiking, or play tennis, go sailing on a lake... just show her a good time.

Since you are going to be sleeping in the same bed, have a rose and a condom ready for her pillow... the stage is set... (or whatever seduction you want to use). Remember, if she really is a virgin, it's going to hurt her most likely... perhaps, she should have pne delicious drink, with alcohol, to cut the pain?
    Expert

Jul 5, 2008, 06:57 PM
    She's too old to be maintaining her virginity. She runs the *risk* of being a sexually dysfunctional or whatever.
    Your not serious just because she doesn't want to give him any, are you?
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2008, 09:52 PM
    I'm serious... she is 23... time to experiment with sex or *risk* becoming dysfunctional.
    The situation isn't going to get any better than this guy; she cares for him, and he is considerate of her. Time to grow up.
    Expert

Jul 5, 2008, 10:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    I'm serious...she is 23....time to experiment with sex or *risk* becoming dysfunctional.
    The situation isn't going to get any better than this guy; she cares for him, and he is considerate of her. Time to grow up.
    I will disagree on so many fronts. 23 year old virgins may not be the in thing, but she is free to be celibate, if she chooses, or the right guy comes along, and to think this is the only chance that she will ever have is NUTSY BOZO!! We all know she can kick this guy to the curb, and get someone else before you can blink, so why should she be in a hurry to do something just to do it?? Could she be taking her time, and finding out about her partner of a year? That's what I think is going on. She may be thinking further ahead, and is more prudent than this guy wants. He is already ready to quit, because he can't get what he wants, so maybe she is waiting for the one who wants more than just some physical relationship.

How many have we seen on this forum, who have mistaken sex, for love, and when it fizzled they were confused??
    Expert

Jul 7, 2008, 05:45 AM
    Duh! She had been dating him for a **YEAR**... she really likes him. Time for her to grow up.
    That's what he says, but that doesn't equate to sex, or anything else physical. Sex is not a given here, just because its been a year. Not ready is not ready.
    prettybaby00 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jul 7, 2008, 07:02 AM
    I think the comments on here are quite harsh, a lad in his twentys lasting a year with a girl he wants to shag the brains out of is doing well. It shows patience and love to stick with her. I mean by all means do push her she will come round or ask her outright when she thinks she will be ready, sounds harsh but perhaps she's not as keen on you as you are on her, but give the poor lad some credit he must be ready for some good sex after a year. I gave into my boyrfriend after 2 months and at the time it was a mistake we had a break as I was not ready but I missed him we tried again and now both of us put the effort in concerning sex
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2008, 07:23 AM
    Talisman,

They are not kids, they are **adults** in their twenties.

You and the girl need to grow up! :)

She wants to be a virgin, she can move on.
    Expert

Jul 7, 2008, 07:52 AM
    She wants to be a virgin, she can move on.
    Or he can move on himself, if it's that big a deal. As a mature man, I develop the love and trust, and when she is ready it will happen. Not everyone has that "gotta have it now mentality". If she means more than just a romp in the hay.

He doesn't even know what the problem is, so where is the communications??
    Expert

Jul 7, 2008, 08:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by prettybaby00
    i think the comments on here are quite harsh, a lad in his twentys lasting a year with a girl he wants to shag the brains out of is doing well. it shows patience and love to stick with her. i mean by all means do push her she will come round or ask her outright when she thinks she will be ready, sounds harsh but perhaps shes not as keen on you as you are on her, but give the poor lad some credit he must be ready for some good sex after a year. i gave into my boyrfriend after 2 months and at the time it was a mistake we had a break as i was not ready but i missed him we tried again and now both of us put the effort in concerning sex
    I can agree with you, as you did admit it was a mistake at first and maybe his g/f doesn't want that same mistake, but not to be personal, were you a virgin, at the time?

You go a lot slower if you're a man who is dating a virgin, at least that's what I always thought.

Maybe that's the whole problem, he never had a virgin before!! :eek:
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2008, 08:03 AM
    All we have is a different opinion of this post... and you attacked me, dude. So, as I said, grow up... they are adults.

I always oppose sex and oral between teenagers.

I think you should apologize for the red box.

Rememer: DATING FOR A **YEAR**!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend has no sex drive [ 7 Answers ]

I have been with my girlfriend for 6 years, she has never had a high sex drive but I used to get it at least once a week, now I don't get it at all, its been about 7months, it is coming to the point now where we are going to split up because of this, is there anything to make you have a high sex...

What is my girlfriend/ex girlfriend thinking? Will she realize what she's lost? [ 44 Answers ]

All right, before I start let me just say that I have been dating this girl for 3 years, ever since we graduated from high school. Background info: We met in high school, I really never knew her up until my senior year. We're both the same age and she sat beside me in class because she taught I...

My girlfriend doesn't want sex / low sex drive [ 30 Answers ]

Hi all, New member here and a bit nervous, but getting some answers anonymously might help to put my mind at east. As you maybe guessed from the title, I'm having a problem with my relationship; specifically the sex part. My girlfriend is 20 and I am 27, and have been in a serious...

Girlfriend has no sex drive [ 2 Answers ]

I've been dating this girl for 2 years now and when first started going out we were very sexually active, but since probably about 6 months in the strive on her part has disappeared. I feel horrible about myself because I love her but I'm not sure that she finds me attractive anymore. She tells me...

View more questions Search