Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheyelo Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jul 4, 2008, 12:19 PM
    What should I ask the Dr
    Me and my fiancée have discussed it and we do want to try again even though this is our second miscarriage. I am 41 and he is 33. I have 2 grown children and a grandchild but he does not have any children. I was wondering what I should ask the dr about why I am miscarrying and should there be test ran to see if we are compatible to have a child or if it is just my age that is causing this. Can they run test on the embryo or fetus to see what was wrong? I want to go in prepared but don't know exactly what to ask. Any advice?
    AlwaysWriting Posts: 131, Reputation: 6

Jul 4, 2008, 12:30 PM
    I have a feeling it's your age that's the problem, perhaps you can try getting a surrogate mother, and implanting your eggs? Also, you might be going through menopause soon, that could be a factor. I would just be straight up with your doctor, and always seek a second opinion.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2008, 03:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sheyelo
    Me and my fiancee have discussed it and we do want to try again even though this is our second miscarriage. I am 41 and he is 33. I have 2 grown children and a grandchild but he does not have any children. I was wondering what I should ask the dr about why I am miscarrying and should there be test ran to see if we are compatable to have a child or if it is just my age that is causing this. Can they run test on the embryo or fetus to see what was wrong? I want to go in prepared but don't know exactly what to ask. Any advice?

You may want to ask your doctor for a referral to a reproductive endocrinologist for assistance. How many miscarriages have you had? Often after about 3, testing will be done to try and determine a cause. If getting pregnant does not appear to be the issue, but sustaining the pregnancy is, one test will be to check progesterone levels. It may be as simple as having you supplement with progesterone from the start. Certainly fertility is more of an issue once you are in your 40's, so it would be wise to have a preconception visit and discuss some testing so as not to waste any time. It would be a good idea for both of you to have the basic testing done. Do what you can for both of you to be in the best of health... good diets, avoid being around cigarettes, taking a good multivitamin, etc..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search