Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    titi15 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2008, 10:45 AM
    Navel piercing
    Well I have had mine now for about a week and I noticed that around the top and bottom the skin is kind of like peeling its really dry and its still red... wut should I do about that? Appy cream or something? I use bactrin 3 times a day to clean it... :)
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2008, 10:47 AM
    Cut down on the cleaning, you're doing it too often and it's drying your skin out.

Jul 4, 2008, 11:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by charlotte234s
    Cut down on the cleaning, you're doing it too often and it's drying your skin out.

So then how many times should I clean it? Because they told me to clean it aftr I shower?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2008, 11:03 AM
    You should clean it at least once a day, in the morning, and probably at night, too. If it's drying out a lot, use a tiny bit of dial antibacterial soap and lots of water, as this will dry out the skin a little less than salt water or bactin.

Jul 4, 2008, 11:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by charlotte234s
    You should clean it at least once a day, in the morning, and probably at night, too. If it's drying out a lot, use a tiny bit of dial antibacterial soap and lots of water, as this will dry out the skin a little less than salt water or bactin.

Ooh okay thanks :D
    shaziibubz Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 09:48 AM

Well I had my belly done 13 weeks ago

& I had it done before but it wasn't right which was like a year and half ago,

So anyway they said keep it in 12 weeks because you have scar and its more sensitive,

I clean it everyday with salt water & the tea tree oil they said is should.

I've noticed lately that there's a lot of dry skin but my mom said its OK ?
    Buttt... the skin that the bars going through looks smaller
    So it looks like my bars huge, I had not changed the bar yet as I'm not sure..
    Is it normal ? Because it looks like my skins shrunk lol.
    & I'm worried because I don't want to have to take it out

Advicee.. pleeeeeeease
    :)
    shaziibubz Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 03:25 PM

Ohh and by the way,
    My skins peelin too, I heard its natural & that its drying out..

X

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Navel Piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I am thirteen and I really want my belly button pierced! My mom just wants me to give her proof that there are no major risks are scary side effects! So are there? I heard that it doesn't hurt lot! That it just feels like a pinch! Is there any serious side effects by getting your navel piecred?:)

Can you pierce your navel if the hole from a previous navel piercing won't grow up? [ 2 Answers ]

all right well, I got my navel pierced in the 8th grade, and it got ripped out during a cheerleading game. The hole completely grew up and I got it re-pierced. During the beginning of my 9th grade year I snagged my belly ring on a shirt and it ripped... badly, but it didn't rip out.. the skin was...

Navel piercing [ 2 Answers ]

I got my navel pierced last summer with a barbell. It got infected and I had to take it out. I want to get it repierced and I heard that its more resistant to infection if you get it pierced with a ring instead of a barbell. Is this true? I just don't want to get it pierced all over again if it...

Navel piercing [ 2 Answers ]

Can sea salt water help my navel piercing to heal? What do I clean it with? How long do I have to wait to switch the jewlery? How long does it take to heal?

Re-piercing Navel [ 1 Answers ]

HI all, From what I have read lots of people had similar questions, but each case appears somewhat unique. So I thought I would pose my case and my question. I pierced my belly button 3 times already. But before that I had laparoscopy for a kidney infection and they instrumented through an...

View more questions Search