Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kuma1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2008, 10:36 AM
    Puppy attacks older dog
    Our new puppy (lab mix) 5 months, has started attacking our 14 yr.old lab mix when I am close to both of them. The puppy is a sweat heart except for this. We also have a 3 yr old lab that the pup is fine with. Is this a alpha thing?
    AlwaysWriting Posts: 131, Reputation: 6

Jul 4, 2008, 12:19 PM
    It could be an alpha type thing, or it could just be playful puppy behaviour. Don't separate them though, the older dog needs to stand up for himself and separating them won't change anything. Also, once the puppy is fixed, his behvior might change.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

New puppy is not accepted by older dog [ 5 Answers ]

I have a five year old boxer and a 9 week old boxer. The older dog seems to not like the puppy. She attacks him, yet there are not marks on the puppy. The puppy yelps and whines but when we get the larger dog off him, he will to back to her. Is she just showing her dominance? Do you think she...

Pet Store Puppy and older Lab [ 1 Answers ]

Hello All, Thanks in advance for your help. I am happy to have found this site. I have read some of the questions and comments about Pet Store puppies. I wish I had known, but its to late for that. I have a Lab that I bought from a breeder. He is 2.5 years old and neutered. Very calm and nice....

Puppy gets jealous of attention to older dog [ 2 Answers ]

We have a 6 year old beagle and we just brought home a 10 week old weimaraner/cocker mix. Whenever we pet or play with the older dog the puppy jumps on her or us then the older dogs just tries to avoid her and hides behind something. Any suggestions?

Anxiety attacks ! [ 10 Answers ]

How can I manage or prevent these attack. My heartbeat would usually raise to 138 beats per min and I felt like I could faint anytime

Puppy attacks cat flap [ 2 Answers ]

My staffordshire bull terrier puppy who is 12 weeks old keeps attacking the cat flap, she is not too bad if door is open but if door is closed she goes mental, how can we sort this?

View more questions Search